Unemployment Money Runs out In 7 weeks!Help - Posted by Deonda

Posted by Scott Vorous on October 25, 2003 at 17:14:06:

www.getthedeed.com

Unemployment Money Runs out In 7 weeks!Help - Posted by Deonda

Posted by Deonda on October 25, 2003 at 08:35:12:

I haven’t been able to find a job for the last 6 months, and I’ve even contacted temp agencies; no luck. My background is Administrative Assistant. The job market is really tight right now, and job seeker competition is fierce!!

I found this site, and have gotten very excited about REI! However, all the information can be overwhelming. I need to know what’s the quickest way easily to make atleast $5-$10,000 within the next 7 weeks so that I will not get evicted from my apartment and be living on the street!

Thanks for responding.

Deonda(MO)

Re: Unemployment Money Runs out In 7 weeks!Help - Posted by Carrie-PA

Posted by Carrie-PA on October 25, 2003 at 16:53:15:

Hi Deonda,

My advice is to not be picky and just get a job fast! Flip burgers, cashier at stores, etc. Just get some steady income coming in. Then cancel cable, no more eating out, cancel internet (you can go to the library and get online to study this site). Just start saving your money up! Then get educated by reading this site, reading all the old and new books at the library, and buying a few good books at amazon or wherever. Then once you understand this game better you will be better prepared to make a good deal. Maybe for your first deal you will flip a prop for a fast profit, or maybe you will buy a house to live in and rehab then resell for a profit, or maybe you will buy a multi-unit - living in part and renting the others. But I don’t know, I don’t know your style, you prob. don’t either - soon you will if you are really gonna get into this!
Best of luck - if you can’t make your own, :slight_smile:

Carrie

Re: Another reality check - Posted by freeman

Posted by freeman on October 25, 2003 at 13:21:32:

I bought a house last Dec. to live in (it was a foreclosure that I got a great deal on). I wasn’t even looking for a foreclosure actually, just a good house to move into (hated my rental house). I knew nothing about REI at the time. Before I could get it fixed and move into it, I lost my job. Thought about selling it (we got it about 30-40k less than FMV including the repair costs). But, my monthly payment on the house is actually less than the rent, so we fixed it and moved in. Before my job actually ended, I got a home equity line of credit on it. I started studying REI, but was too scared to use the heloc without a steady paycheck coming in. Kept on studying for several months, looking at houses, but not making any offers. After about 4 months I saw the end of the unemployment checks coming on very fast, so I got a job. Now I’m making offers on foreclosures/rehabs. So far I have made offers on 5 or 6 houses with no deals closed. I’ve got two or three that I may make offers on next week. Even if I get one of these, I expect it to be six months before I make the first dime of profit. I’m a newbie, and there may be people who can make 5-10K in a few weeks, but I don’t think that is the norm. My advice: cancel the cable, the cell phone, the internet, turn down the furnace, cut everything that you can until you get back on your feet. Also, take a look at a book that I think is titled “What Color is Your Rainbow”. Gives some great advice on creative job hunting. I’ve lost two jobs in the last three years, and there is life after a layoff. Best wishes.

Re: Unemployment Money Runs out In 7 weeks!Help - Posted by Lezlie(TN)

Posted by Lezlie(TN) on October 25, 2003 at 13:14:37:

Deonda, I agree that RE takes an unnatural dedication, almost an obsession. About 4 years ago my husband lost his job and the following day i attended a Ron LeGrand seminar. I had 2,000 in the bank and I spent 1,000 on his 3 course special. It took me a week or so to read it and then I followed the steps in the Wholesale/Retail section. I made $5,000 on a wholesale deal that very next week. Well to make a long story short, my husband went back to work and left his job 1 year ago. We have lived on lease options and wholesale deals this whole year. I don’t think you should go back to a job. Take a little money and purchase a book on wholesaling. Ron Legrand’s book is good, and I think you can get it for around 25.00. It won’t be easy and it takes alot of guts, but you can flip in the next 60 days. Wholesaling is like a formula. You do certain steps and follow the formula. Anyway, look at this as an opportunity to change your way of life. It’s true that RE is not a get rich quick scheme, but I can guarantee working for a boss you will never get anywhere. Just my .02 cents.

Reality Check - Posted by Scott Vorous

Posted by Scott Vorous on October 25, 2003 at 10:11:08:

Deonda, take a breath, relax and think about this for a moment. Alot of newbies get into this business thinking that they can make money hand over fist just by submitting a few offers and getting creative. I wish it was that easy. Truth is, this game is not for the weak at heart or “get rich quick” mind set. It takes an almost unnatural dedication to the craft (it will change your life). I see all the hype with these new RE authors selling their courses promising that "you too can make a bloody fortune just by reading my book. It doesn’t work that way! I have courses I could recommend to you, but you don’t even have the cash to stay in your apartment much less get educated.

1st step. Push the gas pedal down (to the floor) and get a job. How creative you get here will determine how well you do in RE as most of what I do is creative. Get some cash, get stable and we’ll go from there. Here’s something you can gnaw on while you’re taking care of the basics. Plan on attending next year’s “get the deed” session with “Charlie & Randy France” in Indy. Best money spent for a sound education. Charlie, in my opinion is the best mentor to learn “getting the deed” in the world. She always takes time to listen and you don’t feel like you’re waisting her time as she’s truly interested in helping you out of your hole.

Remember, take a deep breath… focus on overall goals and break them apart into easy, achievable daily tasks. You won’t make $10 K right away, but after you’re educated, this kind of cash will be a snap.

God Bless and “keep up the fire”

Scott

Re: Unemployment Money Runs out In 7 weeks!Help - Posted by Clair-MO

Posted by Clair-MO on October 25, 2003 at 08:49:18:

Where are you located in Missouri? I’m in Springfield!

Re: Unemployment Money Runs out In 7 weeks!Help - Posted by Kevin-ATL

Posted by Kevin-ATL on October 26, 2003 at 13:11:05:

Lezlie, can you tell me how you found a house to flip in such a short period of time? Thanks!

Re: Unemployment Money Runs out In 7 weeks!Help - Posted by John

Posted by John on October 25, 2003 at 16:13:37:

Also try Bronchicks site at www.legalwiz.com. Also, Straightoptions.com . The author will guide you through the process through direct email coaching. I haven’t tried it but the forum is quite good.

Re: Reality Check - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on October 25, 2003 at 14:54:39:

Hi Scott. Do you have anymore info on that seminar? A website perhaps?

Re: Unemployment Money Runs out In 7 weeks!Help - Posted by Deonda

Posted by Deonda on October 25, 2003 at 08:54:48:

St. Louis, Missouri

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks for responding.

Deonda