unethical and illegal Foreclosure deal? - Posted by Wm

Posted by JT-IN on March 17, 2002 at 10:08:16:

Wm:

Buying the property Subject To, and curing the default that exists, really helps everyone; Borrower/Homeowner, Lender, Investor and the New Homeowner, or T/B. This is just progress in motion in this business. The process is nothing more than necessary housekeeping, that you are able to provide, short of the foreclosure auction.

It is imperitive that you learn the correct way to go about this detailed process. There are several very good courses available here on creonline, as well as an abundance of info thru regular posts, and the archives. If you follow these time-tested techniques, you should be able to serve many, very well.

Just the way that I view thingsā€¦

JT-IN

unethical and illegal Foreclosure deal? - Posted by Wm

Posted by Wm on March 17, 2002 at 07:40:34:

If I were to find a person whose house is up for foreclosure and the amounts owed and market value of the home are such that I can make a decent profit, is it illegal or unethical to offer the owner some cash in exchange for the owner signing over the house to me. I know about the DOS clauses but by offering money for the deed am I breaking any laws?

Re: unethical and illegal Foreclosure deal? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA0

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA0 on March 17, 2002 at 17:36:41:

William-------------

Just be sure to study your state laws related to foreclosures and buying before the sale. In CA, there are a lot of things you can not do before the sale. There are some very severe penalties for doing what you have suggested, if you do not do them just as the law spells out.

This may be so in other states too.

Good InvestingRon Starr********