Untraceable/Untrackable Phone # - Posted by Jordi (LV)

Posted by Wm-pa on September 15, 2003 at 14:50:31:

Dave,
I think Jordi was trying to use an Untraceable/Untrackable Phone # for the bandit signs so that the city can not find out who he/she is by the phone number. Does Deadleads.com handle anything like this? Just wondering.

Wm-pa

Untraceable/Untrackable Phone # - Posted by Jordi (LV)

Posted by Jordi (LV) on September 15, 2003 at 08:45:12:

Hello Everyone:

I recently placed quite a few bandit sign out and got quite a few calls unfortunatly some from the city official or someone claiming to be from the city, asking me to take down or pay fine however I did get some calls from sellers and able to get two under contract. So they work.
I’m thinking of using signs with untraceable/untrackable number. Does anyone do this? How can I get a phone like this? Prepaid perhaps? I have other avenues of marketing that work but I do like the signs maybe I’ll just do weekends? Or perhaps as the rent a space on someones yard?..

Thanks in advance for any comments you may have.

Jardi (LV)

Re: Untraceable/Untrackable Phone # - Posted by Sam

Posted by Sam on September 19, 2003 at 24:07:55:

Jardi,

If you’ve had such good results with your bandit signs, you should consider a(n) 800 number. You can leave a little screening message and ask for their name/number on the message. When you call them back, use the *67 function on your phone. You can also call your phone co and they can make your number an unavailable number to everyone. The downfall to that is sometimes other folks won’t pick up the phone. I’ve done some research on 800 numbers and if you want my opinion, just e-mail me and I will let you know what I think.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Re: Untraceable/Untrackable Phone # - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on September 16, 2003 at 05:48:04:

Beeper services that usually require little ID verification have voicemail options. It won’t help if you answer the phone directly.

You can hook up a cell phone to a number that is pay-by-the-minute in advance. ATT has one and whoever bought out Cellular One does also. I’m sure there are others. They advertise them as Phone-in-a-box.

Re: Untraceable/Untrackable Phone # - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on September 15, 2003 at 09:06:31:

Try using www.deadleads.com. They should be able to assist in locating the owners for you. I used them last week and was impressed with what they were able to come up with.