Unwanted/Unsolicited Advertising E-mail - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on March 16, 2002 at 10:02:54:

I also received some of the unwanted REI solicitations mentioned below, in addition to other solicitations that were apparently generated by an AOL member. I send an e-mail to AOL technical support asking how I might restrict or prevent future unwanted solicitations.

Here is the reply I got. Maybe it will help some of you.

Thank you for writing America Online. The America Online Technical Support Team appreciates your recent inquiry and I am happy to address any technical issues that you may have.

If the offending email comes from an AOL member, I am including instructions on how to report this type of activity to the AOL Community Action Team. By reporting this, you give the Community Action Team the necessary evidence to take action against this type of behavior.

To report a complaint about any Internet e-mail, Web page, or activity that may have originated from an AOL member, please send a copy of the original posting to the e-mail address below:

TOSREPORTS@aol.com

To report a complaint about an Internet posting by an individual who is not a member of AOL, send a copy of the posting to postmaster@site.domain, where “site.domain” is the Internet address of the person who posted the message.

If you require more help or have additional questions, please feel free to write us back.

Lany T.
Customer Care Consultant
TechMail Department
America Online (AOL).