Upcoming auction for house - Posted by sm

Posted by dutch on March 24, 2006 at 08:31:55:

BK would not automatically remove him from title, even if it was a CH7. Unless he gave it the the BK Trustee. I believe the lender still has to foreclose.

Sticky, but for what it’s worth, give the guy 10 dollars to give you a Quit Claim deed to the property and THEN chase it to see if you own it or can do anything with it.

Dutch

Upcoming auction for house - Posted by sm

Posted by sm on March 22, 2006 at 15:07:03:

I saw an abandoned house in my neighborhood and have been chasing to find the owner in hopes of flipping it. I called the marshal’s office, as his number was listed on a sheet taped to the door, and he referred me to a lawyer. The law office told me the owner claimed bankruptcy and was evicted. I asked her is the house is for sale and she told me, “not at the moment”. She said she couldn’t give me any more info than that. She recommended checking the papers to see when it might be up for auction. Am I too late at this point to try to get a jump on the property before it goes to auction.

Re: Upcoming auction for house - Posted by John

Posted by John on March 22, 2006 at 16:04:12:

Who is on the title? That is where I would start.

Re: Upcoming auction for house - Posted by sm

Posted by sm on March 23, 2006 at 08:37:44:

I found the gentleman’s name who was on the title, but he has filed for bankruptcy. In other words, he’s out of the picture at this point. Got his name through public NYC Finance files.