Update for Jackie in Dallas - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on December 08, 1998 at 14:09:26:

Under Books/Courses… Hot New Opportunities…Quick Turn, Fast Cash Real Estate Course.
I will keep you updated, but so far it seems to be a very good, complete course on the subject matter discussed.

Update for Jackie in Dallas - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on December 08, 1998 at 10:48:33:

I called the “we buy houses” ads, and am having my fiance call a few more today. I’ve dug up 12 so far. (Guess I wasn’t looking hard enough before.) I also recieved my Ron LeGrand course yesterday, and had a big helping of knowledge concerning wholesaling. It turns out that I have 5 “prospects” within 2 blocks of my home! I’m tracking down the information on the properties and owners today. On a side note, I am extremely pleased with Ron’s course so far. I’ve watched the 2 videos, listened to 3 tapes, and gotten about 1/4 of the way through the manual. (Have I mentioned that I’m motivated as HECK???) The potential deals out there seem even more prolific than the mobile home deals that I’ve found. (And I’ve found a lot.) I have a VERY focused goal of doing my first flip by the end of the month, and have been motivated by my former success in mobile homes. I am sticking to my plan of quitting “work” at the end of the year to pursue REI full time. I am now finding myself slowing down every time I pass a “FSBO” sign as I drive to and from work.
I will definetly be consulting you via the newsgroup, but I’m also very happy that I bought Ron LeGrand’s course. It seems to be very complete, taking you from finding deals all the way to where you walk away from the title company with your check. However, seeing how I have never bought any real estate, I’m sure there is something that I don’t see. So I appreciate very much your past offer to use you as a resource. You can count on me to take whatever action necessary after having taken the right advice in the past (implementing Lonnie Scruggs’ course) and profitting nicely.
You can expect some further probes for information from you, but you should definetly expect my next success story posted very soon.
(I didn’t even need any caffeine this morning, I’m so wired about this!!)

Re: Update for Jackie in Dallas - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on December 08, 1998 at 22:04:55:

Matt – I’m so proud of you for taking action!

I can see you have a burning desire to reach your goals and I have no doubt that you will succeed with the kind of attitude you have.

If you think you can – you are right!
If you think you can’t – you are right!

Obviously - you KNOW you can. Let me know if you need help – I’m here for ya.

Want to jump start your flipping business - go for the red tags (condemned properties). In my area, you can go to the city code enforcement department and buy a list (it’s public info). the list cost 5 cents a page and each page has about 25 houses just waiting for you to find them.

You’ll find that many are owned by tired landlords that are sick of fixing up houses their tenants tear up – often times they have 2, 3, 4… or more houses that they will let you have for a steal – sometimes they’ll even throw in owner financing with no interest and no payments for 6 months.

When you can pass this kind of deal on to your buyer - you should charge a PREMIUM!

Re: Update for Jackie in Dallas - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on December 08, 1998 at 14:02:24:

Where did you get the LeGrand Course from, I can’t find it on this site. Maybe I am just blind.

Re: Update for Jackie in Dallas - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on December 08, 1998 at 13:36:26:

Sounds like you are on your way. I have been trying to decide which course to order next, you may have just helped me decide. Keep us updated. John (KS)