Update from day 1 of the MH Workshop - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Dan on October 29, 2000 at 23:46:46:

I wanted to make it , but could not due to illness. How about an update on what happened on Sat. & Sun. I enjoyed the update of Fri. Good Luck…Dan

Update from day 1 of the MH Workshop - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Tim (Atlanta) on October 27, 2000 at 19:39:53:

For those of you who couldn’t attend, I thought it would be nice to update you on the events of Day 1 of the MH workshop. Today Lonnie spoke on buying, selling and financing mobile homes. As always his talks are down to earth and very practical. I enjoyed the entire day. Tomorrow Terry Vaughn speaks on mobile home notes. Can’t wait for that. Didn’t get to stick around for the open forum session this evening, but I am sure it was great.

Wish you were here…

Dealmakers Forum - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on October 27, 2000 at 23:59:54:

Since Tim couldn’t stay for the forum, I thought I would fill you in in what he missed!

Tonight was the fourth Dealmakers Forum I have participated in, and it has become a wonderful tradition for workshops and seminars sponsored by CRE Online. The energy generated would light a small town, and it never fails to get everyone loosened up. I truly enjoy seeing the comaraderie develop between everyone present as deals get talked about, praised or panned. There’s nothing quite like having a room full of people tell you your deal ain’t a deal… but on the flip side, you know you’ve got a winner when the crowd wants to go partners!

Man, what a great group of folks! We worked deals until ten o’clock, and I just got to my room after another two hours in the bar! We must have looked at a dozen or more park deals, and another dozen mobile home and paper deals. The real surprise for me was that one of the parks we discussed is located about ten miles from my office! Obviously, on that one I knew the market! Some of the deals showed some real promise, some of them were non-starters, but the real treat was listening to the folks presenting the deals. Talk about working a crowd, I think some of these guys and gals must be stand-up comedians on the side!

But as with all the workshops I have been part of with CRE Online, the greatest joy is in meeting the folks I’ve come to know so well here on the boards. We’ve got old friends like Jim Rayner, Tony Colella and Jerry Greer here with us, and I finally got to shake the hand of the best tax attorney, and all around good fella, John Hyre. (It’s not fair for one man to be that smart AND good looking!) It’s a good thing Bob MeNeely is here as well to keep John calmed down! Seriously though, putting faces together with already familiar names is a real treat, and I know that many lasting friendships are made because of the community we share here.

Tomorrow is another day, and I can’t wait! I don’t go on until Sunday, so I’ll get to stalk the back of the room and the outside foyer again. That’s where the serious networking happens!

Wish YOU were here!

ray