Updated Message Board? - Posted by Walt

Posted by Teacher on May 20, 2005 at 21:51:27:

If you haven’t checked too closely, it IS THE BEST OF THE BEST, bar none. Sure, you have your opinion and others have theirs, but the final arbiter is the mgmt of the site, and apparently the say nah baby, nah. The site is still the BEST, by a long shot.

Teach

Updated Message Board? - Posted by Walt

Posted by Walt on May 20, 2005 at 16:21:16:

I’ve been visiting this site on and off for a few years now and learned a great deal. Thanks!

I’ve also noticed that this site has become increasingly popular as well, and because of that, messages only last around 3 days before falling off at the bottom. There is a wealth of information that just disappears.

I was wondering if the owners have considered updated the message board software? While there MANY free (and very good) message board programs out there, I also realize that storage and archiving posts can ultimately take up alot of space on your server, which may be something that can not be done at this time.

Just a thought.

Re: Updated Message Board? - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on May 20, 2005 at 21:39:48:

All the posts that drop off the board are all archived. Search the archives. They go back years. Everything is still here.

However, we can… - Posted by Cappy

Posted by Cappy on May 20, 2005 at 17:05:05:

We can do our part by NOT responding to obvious, juvenile baiting threads such as the one by a “Lisa Burrell” and taking up a quarter of the board space. Just my .02

Cappy

Re: Updated Message Board? - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on May 20, 2005 at 16:37:50:

I agree wholeheartedly. I would guess that better message board software would drive more visitors to the site as well as more board activity.

It would probably reduce advertisement impressions though since threads would most likely be combined on one page instead of having to click a new link for every post.

Ken

Re: Updated Message Board? - Posted by Phil

Posted by Phil on May 20, 2005 at 17:55:06:

I agree with you guys 100%. This is said on this board all the time, for some reason the owners don’t want to hear it. This is a great site, with a little tweakiing, it could be the best of the best. “Is anyone listening!”