Urgent Foreclosure Help - Posted by Brandon - FL

Posted by JT-IN on April 25, 2004 at 13:00:34:

Brandon:

I would personally have put a dollar bill in each of their hands, and told them to tell Mom that you had more of those for her, if she has the time to come talk to you for a minute…

Just one way to handle this type of brush off… Keep in mind what you are after here… You want to talk to Mom, and for a few bucks, you might get your opportunity. When she answers the door, you simply need to be able to offer her something that keeps the conversation moving forward… like a solution. Of course I never ask them is if they want to sell me their house, unless there is a “for sale” sign in the front yard, and most don’t have them… do they…?

I like to tell them that if they understood what I could do for them, they would have been calling me… Now, can you spend a few minutes to learn about some options that could save some of your equity…? Then begin asking some questions, to qualify what solution works best for her… and narrow down what will work for her, as you lower her defense mechanisms, at the same time.

JT-IN

Urgent Foreclosure Help - Posted by Brandon - FL

Posted by Brandon - FL on April 24, 2004 at 11:54:54:

Situation: Lady is sitting on a $230,000 retail house. She owes ~$125,000. The judge just ruled in the favor of the mortgage company.

Question: Is it too late (I live in Florida) to buy the house from the lady? The judge just gave a ruling 2 days ago.

Thanks in advance for you desparately needed assistance!

Re: Urgent Foreclosure Help - Posted by Coco in TPA

Posted by Coco in TPA on April 25, 2004 at 08:00:50:

go to the recording office and view the docs to see what type of judment was made, if it was the judment to sell at the auction usually the dates from the time of the judment to the time of the sale have been running like two weeks- get her case number and go to the courthouse-the new one- fifth floor and review the file for your self- then you will know what you are really getting into

Where is she locates in Brandon- Let me know how your deal goes hope it works out-I have started yet but I am gathering info and will be starting preforeclosures soon-just getting familiar with all my resources here in the bay

Judgment is prior to Sale - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on April 24, 2004 at 19:27:24:

Brandon:

The Judge does not sell the house. The Clerk of Courts in FL sells the property. Your mention of the Judge ruling in the favor of the Mtg co means that there is a Judgment and it will likely take another 30 days or more until a sale occurs.

So the answer is YES, she can still sell the house. This should be done with proper title search and legal representation, as the seller is in financial distress, and other problems could exist that could spell problems for the Buyer who rushes into the deal. Get help.

Just the way that I view things…

JT-IN

It Depends - Posted by MNChicago

Posted by MNChicago on April 24, 2004 at 12:41:30:

What do you mean the judge just ruled against her?

Is she at the beginning phase of the FC process,
was it a judgment, has a sale date been given?

More info required, and you need to know what those
laws are and their significance.

Re: Judgment is prior to Sale - Posted by Chuck Rosenberg

Posted by Chuck Rosenberg on September 05, 2005 at 22:17:53:

steel wine rack wine cellar designs wine rack kits wine totes luggage communion wine dispenser basket wine press restaurant wine cellar home wine rack basket wine press wall mounted wine racks

Update - Posted by Brandon in FL

Posted by Brandon in FL on April 25, 2004 at 12:29:20:

Well I went by the house and knocked on the door. Of all things she sends two of her kids out to see what I want. I ask to speak with their mother and they say she’s unavailable. Oh well, I guess I’ll just sit back and watch her lose her house; I can’t make her sale it to me.