Urgent: Need to stop a foreclosure now! Help - Posted by Tim_wa

Posted by Larry in Florida on April 03, 2006 at 16:29:18:

Then how about offering them a flat fee, say $1000, to delay their sale by two weeks.

Or, offer to buy the property from them immediately after the sale at their full cost + a modest markup if they will finance it. If they don’t want to finance it, try for a 30 day close and look for a hard money lender to step in. If there isn’t enough profit to afford a hard money loan, then go on to the next opportunity. My $.02

Urgent: Need to stop a foreclosure now! Help - Posted by Tim_wa

Posted by Tim_wa on April 03, 2006 at 15:29:15:

I earlier posted a question about a probate situation where the heir is waiting for the court hearing for the the appointment of the Executor position in order to sell the property. As of now she has no authority to sell the house.

Well, the hearing date is April 10th but the Auction for this house is on April 7th. Is there any other way that I can do to stop this foreclosure? Can an attorney quickly force a stop on a foreclosure?

Please let me know. The lender doesn’t want to postpone the sale unless I pay for the arrears. I don’t want to pay the arrears because I don’t want to risk that kind of money when the deal is not yet secured because the heir doesn’t have the power to even sign a valid P&S yet.

Tim

Tim

Re: Urgent: Need to stop a foreclosure now! Help - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on April 04, 2006 at 21:15:17:

Have you checked with the county sheriff to see if there is any way to postpone the sale?

Have you checked with an atty. experienced in RE in your state to give you some options?

Ib

Re: Urgent: Need to stop a foreclosure now! Help - Posted by Larry in Florida

Posted by Larry in Florida on April 03, 2006 at 16:01:50:

Buy the note from the lender? Then you control the deal.

Re: Urgent: Need to stop a foreclosure now! Help - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on April 05, 2006 at 18:38:27:

Hi IB. Tim_wa is in a trust deed state and I believe, from his other
posts, that this is a trustee’s sale, not a foreclosure. No court case and
no sheriff’s sale. Only a trustee that acts in the best interest of the
lender.

Re: Urgent: Need to stop a foreclosure now! Help - Posted by Tim_wa

Posted by Tim_wa on April 03, 2006 at 16:22:39:

Unfortunately I don’t have that kind of money available. I don’t think I could arrange that by this Thursday anyway.

Tim