Use my money or someone else's.... - Posted by Greg

Posted by Sonia (ID) on September 18, 2003 at 11:14:30:

I’m curious as to what others have to say about this. I would think that if you have plenty of cash reserve to cover your own expenses, potential emergencies, retirement fund, etc; then you should have your own money working for you before you start using OPM. But I’m new to all this, so don’t value my opinion too highly.

Sonia
BTW if that other investor of yours is interested in providing financing for anyone else, give him my email. (;

Use my money or someone else’s… - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on September 18, 2003 at 24:01:23:

I’ve got a good problem and I’m looking for advice. I have an investor who will put up “whatever I need” financially. My problem is I have more than enough financial reserves to do all the deals I want on my own.

The question: Is it better to use O.P.M. and get a smaller return, or do it all myself and keep all the profits. All opinions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks

Re: Use my money or someone else’s… - Posted by Dennie

Posted by Dennie on September 25, 2003 at 17:49:34:

I use other people’s money by obtaining non-recourse loans. I use the notes on the mobile homes I sell as collateral for the loans. I have the money to invest, but using other peoples money eliminates any risk to my current assets should the market turn down significantly.

Re: Use my money or someone else’s… - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on September 19, 2003 at 12:41:38:

I would only use the investors money for one reason; that it was at a lower rate than I could get on my money in a passive investment. This would only apply if I didn’t need their money to expand, & I had a reserve for emergencies.

Re: Use my money or someone else’s… - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Briton (IN) on September 18, 2003 at 14:57:02:

I am a no BS hard nosed type, and that makes me want to say us your OWN money if you can. Less time, stress, ect. Why give someone else a cut? You work hard for your income, keep it all. Now if it was “I dont have any money left” i would say borrow. Its better to do something than nothing. But if you can make great interest on your money, AND make a profit. Go that route. I am sure Dr. Whisler would have a somehow twisted, yet better answer though, LOL, good luck greg, Briton (IN)