using a corp to sell/buy real esate - Posted by jkf

Posted by Tom on April 17, 2002 at 14:58:50:

Find another lawyer

using a corp to sell/buy real esate - Posted by jkf

Posted by jkf on April 17, 2002 at 14:28:16:

I just came from attempting to find a good real estate lawer. My " Bullet Proof Corporation" course will be here Friday. I mentioned to the lawer that I will buy and sell property with my corporation and he said that I would have to have a broker’s liscense. He said that if I was to use my own name to buy or sell that would not be a problem. But using a corporation to buy/sell I am acting as a real esate company and would need liscense. I hope this is not true because I did not want to sign my name on any more contracts unless it was as the president or CEO of a corporation. Thanks

Re: using a corp to sell/buy real esate - Posted by jim

Posted by jim on April 18, 2002 at 15:42:07:

Find an attorney who specializes in real estate, wills and trusts. They will better understand your wishes and needs.

Re: using a corp to sell/buy real esate - Posted by JFK

Posted by JFK on April 17, 2002 at 23:58:47:

I agree with all the other posters–find another atty. I am in the process of setting up my corporate structure. My cpa and my lawyer are working with me. When you speak with atty’s and cpa’s make sure that they understand what you are wanting to do!

Re: using a corp to sell/buy real esate - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on April 17, 2002 at 21:23:07:

I think he misunderstood what you’re planning to do. It’s a pretty basic question for a real estate attorney to miss.

Re: using a corp to sell/buy real esate - Posted by Al - So Cal

Posted by Al - So Cal on April 17, 2002 at 19:38:38:

No! Be an investor. L/t capital gains-etc. Best way

Find Another Lawyer - nt- - Posted by JamesL

Posted by JamesL on April 17, 2002 at 19:26:39:

nt