using your IRA & 401K for REI - Posted by Geraldine

Posted by Mike Reilly on August 02, 2002 at 21:16:18:

Which one is best to go with, Mid-Ohio or Entrust?

Thanks,

using your IRA & 401K for REI - Posted by Geraldine

Posted by Geraldine on July 21, 2002 at 01:16:55:

I have been hearing that ones IRA and/or 401k money can be directly used for investing in Real Estate. My Husband and I have been successful, this our rockie year, in buying two small income properties (apartment buildings), and we want to use (if possible) our retirement accounts to assist us in making more deals.

Does anyone have any good readings or documention on the subject? We would also like to learn more about selecting REIT’s. Any ideas?

Thanks, Geraline.

Re: using your IRA & 401K for REI - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on July 22, 2002 at 16:33:38:

You can utilize retirement funds to purchase real estate, mortgages, notes etc. but you will have to have your money with a custodian that allows for such transactions.

As mentioned, Mid-Ohio and Entrust both have banner links to their websites and “How To” Articles. One by Hugh Bromma of Entrust is particularly informative.

These accounts are Self-directed and allow you a great deal of freedom.

Ernest Tew who hosts the mobile home forum here is a master at utilizing IRA’s to maximize profits. There is a great deal that can be done with IRA’s such as partnering with the IRA, or having the IRA purchase and hold options, thus securing the profits in a non-tax (Roth) or deferred tax IRA.

You are on to something here.

Best Wishes,

Tony-VA

Re: using your IRA & 401K for REI - Posted by michaela

Posted by michaela on July 21, 2002 at 19:08:51:

hi, geraldine,
check out www.midoh.com. that’s mid-hio, they’re
custodians for self-directed ira’s and a lot of
investors, that i know, use them. there’s also an
article in the the ‘how-to’ on this website, by the
founder . last name is desich. can’t remember the first without clicking over there.