VA Forclosers - Posted by Denise (Al)

Posted by Denise on January 12, 2006 at 18:20:22:

We are paying cash for this. Not financing anything. Thank you for your information.

Denise

VA Forclosers - Posted by Denise (Al)

Posted by Denise (Al) on January 12, 2006 at 16:47:12:

This is my first one dealing with a Va Forcloser thru a realastate agent. I was told by a realtor that he deals only in VA’s homes and they are asking for 86,000 and he told me that they will not except anything lower then they are asking for it is that true at all, I think it is all hipe. I am hoping that he is wrong but I need your excpert advice on this it is a great flip for me but I dont think I would pay 86,000 I would pay 80,000 and sell it for 130,000 or 125,000.

Denise

Re: VA Forclosers - Posted by Samantha Puckett

Posted by Samantha Puckett on March 16, 2006 at 21:18:32:

I would like to know more about the forclosed home.

Re: VA Forclosers - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on January 13, 2006 at 07:49:06:

Denise,

Who is the agent representing? Does the VA have this property listed on the MLS with this agent, or is this agent going to represent you as the buyer?

If they are the VA’s listing agent, they might just be doing their job by trying to get top dollar for their client.

If they are representing you, and regularly sell VA properties, they probably know what they are talking about. He own’t get paid unless your offer is accepted, so he doesn’t want to waste his time writing offers that he knows won’t be accepted.

People will tell you that he’s just trying to increase his commission by getting you to bid a higher price, but that’s BS. Agents don’t risk losing several thousand dollars to make several hundred more.

–Natalie

Re: VA Forclosures - Posted by gerald(tx)

Posted by gerald(tx) on January 12, 2006 at 17:21:45:

VA is not very flexible. I’ve submitted lower offers only to be countered with perhaps a 3% discount. VAs big attraction is their financing. Easy qualifing, no down to OOs, low rate, low closing costs. They figure they are giving you a bargain here, so why come down on the price?

In our area, frankly there are not the bargains you indicate in your post. Most are listed very close to FMV.

gerald