VA listed as owner? - Posted by Steve (FL)

Posted by Lee on January 23, 2000 at 19:23:13:

http://www.hud.gov/homesale.html
The site lists (I think) every “Real” property, nationwide, that the government has for sale.

Good Luck!

Lee

VA listed as owner? - Posted by Steve (FL)

Posted by Steve (FL) on January 23, 2000 at 07:57:51:

I got a tax card on a rehab I saw driving around and it lists the VA as the owner, but it’s obvious someone is living in the home. What does this mean? I thought if it listed VA as owner it would mean it had been foreclosed? VA doesn’t “rent” property, do they?

HUD owned house are not listed as VA, and there are often occupants. - Posted by David

Posted by David on January 24, 2000 at 19:23:31:

There are a couple of ways that there can be occupants,

1. the occupants are tenants and have a lease, even when the property is foreclosed to VA, they still honor existing leases and may even encourage standing tenants to stay by offering a month to month lease.
  2. even more often the VA, not know for great prices but awesome term, will sell a repo on an installment sales agreement with fixed market or even slightly less than market interest for 30, count them 30 years fixed rate no balloon. sometiemes they are even assumable! so you can see houses that the VA has owned for years that have been sold on an installment sales contract.
    BTW VA properties do NOT include HUD, FNMA, FHMA, etc.
    properties only VA properties.
    Hope this helps,
    David

Re: VA listed as owner? - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on January 23, 2000 at 10:37:04:

Steve,
There is always a time lag between the sale and the time it is updated on the tax rolls. Here in S. FL it can be a month or longer. If you are interested in VA repos in FL log onto www.vahomes.org/sp/ If you are in the S. FL area I could also help you make an offer on them.

Re: VA listed as owner? - Posted by Steve (FL)

Posted by Steve (FL) on January 23, 2000 at 15:35:33:

Thanks for the info. The home looks as if it’s been occupied for awhile. I just rode by it again. Lawn is unkept; bushes are way overgrown; needs a paint job; etc. I’ll check out the web site you mentioned. Unfortunately, I’m in NE Florida.