Vacant House Issues - Posted by Gambit NC

Posted by Richard (TX) on January 28, 2002 at 12:59:01:

I am new to buying houses, but on raw land, and here I am experenced. I suggest call first, follow with mail of some form, then if no responce or no answer, recall, and then resend letter telling them you want be bothering them again and move on. You may be shocked with a call or letter later. If not so what there are more deals down the street. Good Luck

Vacant House Issues - Posted by Gambit NC

Posted by Gambit NC on January 27, 2002 at 20:33:31:

I am a newer investor and have discovered several vacant houses that I would be interested in contacting the owner on. Once I find the name and information (any tips?) then I need to go about contacting them. Here are my concerns:

1. If I do find out the owner’s phone number do you think it would be better to call them or mail them?

2. If I do mail them would it be better to mail them an “I Buy Houses” postcard or an offer contingent to inspection on the inside?

Any tips? What do you guys think?

Re: Vacant House Issues - Posted by gary

Posted by gary on January 28, 2002 at 21:15:05:

I’m in the same situation you are, I’ve found some vacant houses and am currently searching for the owners. the best search method is to simply call information. if that doesn’t work you could hire a skip tracer for around $50. someone on this message board recommended a website www.knowx.com, i havent tried it yet.

the best method of contact would be calling the owner. its the quickest and most direct path. I would only write them if calling was unsuccessful. best of luck to you, let me know how it turns out