Vacation rentals in Orlando, Fl? - Posted by Tim (CT)

Posted by Barry (FL) on January 29, 2002 at 01:03:44:

Don’t know if this will help but, before I moved back to the states, lived in Australia for 10 years, my family & I vacationed in Orlando for a week got a nice 3 bed 2 bath home for 1 week and if my memory srves me it was about $350. Lot cheaper than a hotel for 6
Don’t know what kind of vacancy rates though. Took care of everything over the net before we arrived. Sorry can’t remeber the agent.

hope this helps,
Barry

Vacation rentals in Orlando, Fl? - Posted by Tim (CT)

Posted by Tim (CT) on January 28, 2002 at 10:38:47:

I’m looking into purchasing a condo/townhouse/villa in Orlando, FL mostly to be used for rental purposes for vacationers. I’m curious to see whether other people do this as well and how it has worked for them. I looked into other places like Myrtle Beach or New Hampshire or Vermont but found that the rental seasons was a little too short. And, with tourism being somewhat slow, I wasn’t sure if I would get the rental dollars needed. I know Orlando, FL has a longer rental season so I thought that might be a better idea. My biggest concern about going this route is competition. I looked under Realtor.com and found almost 700 condos that are about $100k with 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. That’s just the ones for sale!!

Because competition is so steep down in Orlando, FL my thought is to focus my advertising up here in Hartford, CT. instead of putting the property with an agency to rent for me. Up here, competition for Florida rentals is minimal (if any) and I might be able to get some repeat customers just becuase they would have personal contact with the owner.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.