Validity of the Carlton Sheets (REI) method - Posted by Terry

Posted by Steve on May 26, 2000 at 20:18:51:

I am going through the Sheet’s course right now. I have been involved with real estate finance, both residential and commercial for many years, but have not been an individual investor. I like the course. It’s is easy to follow and it provides a wealth of information. It will help you build your confidence toward investing. Good luck.

Validity of the Carlton Sheets (REI) method - Posted by Terry

Posted by Terry on May 24, 2000 at 12:28:10:

Are there any attorneys (preferably Real Estate attorneys) out there who can validate the authenticity of the Carlton Sheets’ Real Estate Investment program? Thanks.

Terry

One investor’s opinion of Carlton Sheets - Posted by Rolfe Kurtyka

Posted by Rolfe Kurtyka on May 25, 2000 at 24:21:59:

Terry;

Your question is a very good one. I’m not an attorney, I’m a real estate investor. As investors, we create value, we generally don’t charge fees for our services as attorneys do. My understanding of your post is you are investigating the validity of Sheet’s claims, and that is a smart play on your part. An attorney might not be the person you want to ask. Ask RE investors. I purchased the CS program 4 or 5 years ago, and I have no regrets. It’s a good place to start. Sheet’s material covers finding property, inspecting property, financial analysis of a potential rental property, buying property, financing property, managing property, selling property, business planning, etc. He talks about buying property with no money down, and little or bad credit. Sheets clearly states that it is certainly easier to invest if you have cash and good credit, and that investing is more difficult with limited resources, but still possible. The above information, along with the fact that Sheet’s course will likely stimulate your thinking, is in my opinion worth the price of the course. Indeed, I have bought several property with no money down, that is, none of MY MONEY down. Most attorneys probably would not know whether his methods are valid. As a fellow investor, I can vouge for Sheet’s validity. Whether or not Sheet’s stuff works for a specific individual is really up to that individual. Lastly, I believe Sheets offers a 30 day money back gauruntee, which equates to very little risk.

Good Luck!! Rolfe