Value investing in residential real estate - Posted by Garry FitzGerald, II

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 30, 2003 at 07:39:23:

Garry FitzGerald,II-------------------

Eldred has a book called “Value Investing in Real Estate” which came out last year or 2001. While it is not as good as I would like, it is the only book I know on the topic.

Now, “value investing” is just another name for “bargain buying,” I would suggest. With equities, it is hard to find good deals because of the efficient market, in theory.

However, in real estate, every property is unique. Many property owners do not know market values. Thus it is relatively easy to find bargains. Not easy. Just a lot easier than with equities, I would suggest.

Jack Reed’s book “How to Buy Real Estate for at Least 20% Below Market Value” is the best one available summarizing bargain-buying strategies. He also goes into some theoretical analysis of how bargains occur. Get it only from him at his amazon store or www.johntreed.com website.

Good InvestingRon Starr****

Value investing in residential real estate - Posted by Garry FitzGerald, II

Posted by Garry FitzGerald, II on July 29, 2003 at 14:37:14:

I was just in a book store in my home town and noticed a book, “The Intelligent Investor.” Warren Buffet used value investing invented by Benjamin Graham in his investing to make his fortune in the stock market. How can I apply the same approach to buying single family homes? Does anyone understand the value investing as it is applied to stock investing and how to mold it to use in recognizing opportunities in the market and buying single family homes using the same principles?