VALUE of an OLD 1966 Mobile Home - Posted by Laura

Posted by Steve-WA on March 18, 2005 at 13:36:09:

but you’d have to meet me to know!!

and it’s not facial hair, nor a physical defect

VALUE of an OLD 1966 Mobile Home - Posted by Laura

Posted by Laura on March 17, 2005 at 16:43:05:

How would you know the value of this piece? Would anyone know of anyone buying old mobile homes and what they would be worth for something of this old value?

La

Re: VALUE of an OLD 1966 Mobile Home - Posted by Tracy Ann

Posted by Tracy Ann on July 02, 2007 at 13:49:00:

I owned a 1966 mobile home. I bought it in 2000. Mine was a 14 x 56 one bedroom, one bath with seperate tub and shower stall. She was in great shape. I paid 1400.00. She was set up outside of Las Vegas about 70 miles. Hopefully this can help. Truth is that a 1966 has no true value and they are not legal to be set many places … it’s all in the eye of the beholder what you should pay for one that old.

Re: VALUE of an OLD 1966 Mobile Home - Posted by steveo

Posted by steveo on March 17, 2005 at 21:03:26:

The value of my 1966 fleetwood 12x60 is 450 a month because that is the rent I get for it. So as Tony has wrote every deal is different. Value is in the eye of the person who sees the potential.

Re: VALUE of an OLD 1966 Mobile Home - Posted by will(WA)

Posted by will(WA) on March 17, 2005 at 19:41:15:

First I have to say that I’m still fairly new at this. I found one of these from the Park Mgr where I’ve been working my first 2 deals. She called me to see if I was interested in a Freeeeeeee MH.

So I got a hold of a 68 Fleetwood in real bad shape that I’m almost done fixin up. It’s taken me a while since I have to work on it after my day job workin fer the MAN.

My advice is unless you really have to know how these things are put together and have some construction skills and you git it for free, keep lookin.

What’s the park like, are the rest of the homes the same shape or are they newer?
What’s the MGR like?? can you work with him/her?

Will(WA)

adult diapers - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on March 17, 2005 at 17:13:32:

Depends.

(I am so funny!)

Where are you? What is the condition of the trailer? The answers to your questions depend on these - and possibly other - factors. If your coastal California, about 80K. If you’re in Mookville, Ohio, value is probably nil. But if condition is cherry, then maybe a little more than nil.

Re: VALUE of an OLD 1966 Mobile Home - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on March 17, 2005 at 16:47:35:

Find a park owner or park manager who has small empty lots to fill, otherwise I’d say the value is less than $0.

Anne

EXACTLY RIGHT! nt - Posted by patsears

Posted by patsears on March 18, 2005 at 12:35:13:

exactly!

Is there a Mookville, Washington? - Posted by Jeff-oh

Posted by Jeff-oh on March 18, 2005 at 07:45:29:

Just checking… :-)3

Re: VALUE of an OLD 1966 Mobile Home - Posted by laura

Posted by laura on March 18, 2005 at 09:17:07:

You don’t think anyone would be intrested in buying it for parts or anything…gosh…I have 11,000 lbs of junk…

Re: Is there a Mookville, Washington? - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on March 18, 2005 at 10:28:18:

that would be MookTown, where my house is!

HEY! You can’t 3, only I can 3!

Re: VALUE of an OLD 1966 Mobile Home - Posted by Laura

Posted by Laura on March 18, 2005 at 09:24:20:

Well was purchased 15 years ago. and is basically just setting there…i just wanted ideas for an investment or possible resell if possible.

Re: VALUE of an OLD 1966 Mobile Home - Posted by Laura

Posted by Laura on March 18, 2005 at 09:22:37:

Oh, sorry didnt read the above comments…the mobile home is located on a lot of land that my parent own, it hasn’t been maintained at all…and we are in Houston, TX…i guess the value is Zilsh…lol…what can i do with this thing…it cost $ to purchase it and just wanted ideas.

But I love the three. - Posted by Jeff-oh

Posted by Jeff-oh on March 18, 2005 at 12:26:36:

9:-) Okay it’s your 3.

never know . . . run an ad - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on March 18, 2005 at 10:36:01:

hang a sign, run an ad - “Mover, older 2/1 singlewide, $500”

I might recommend that you first contact the zoning/community development people for your area and ask them if a 1966 can be transported and/or re-set. You may find that it cannot, and even a sale is precluded by prohibition of moving/planting.

If it can, then a creative investment-minded person would find a park in which to place it, and then sell it on contract. But, you seem to be, by your language, a classic “don’t-wanter”.

Run an ad; if it doesn’t sell, some people donate to the fire department for practice (depends on what is allowed where you are)

Re: VALUE of an OLD 1966 Mobile Home - Posted by Eric

Posted by Eric on April 07, 2005 at 17:32:42:

If it is in livable condition and doesn’t need over 3K of repairs it is valued at $30 psf or more depending on the condition.

Some nice portable sheds are in the 20’s psf so you can not let some cheapo tell you it isn’t worth that much.

If they want to pay you less than 30 psf tell them to go buy a shed.