Value of garage in Florida?? - Posted by David

Posted by Dan-fl on June 15, 2004 at 19:36:29:

Most of the houses were rehabs with either real old units or window air.So I would replace the old or start from scratch.So we put in the right ton for the sq ft from the beginning.There was a couple of times when the unit was big enough and all we had to do was just add a duct.I have a great CHA guy.He puts it in for $2000 includes everything from start to finish,I’m talking about from scratch,nothing but window units.

Value of garage in Florida?? - Posted by David

Posted by David on June 15, 2004 at 11:24:20:

I am looking at a house in Tampa, Florida. It does not have a garage. The garage was converted to a bedroom. I see other houses in the neighborhood without garages. But the comps for the other houses without garages are over 5 years old. Anybody have an idea how much less the value of a house in Tampa would be without a garage?

Re: Value of garage in Florida?? - Posted by Martin Greenberg

Posted by Martin Greenberg on June 17, 2004 at 10:00:53:

When I lived in the Ft Lauderdale area, and latter in Tallahssee, many of the houses did not have a garage. They had a car port. In lower to middle class properties that is the standard.

Re: Value of garage in Florida?? - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on June 15, 2004 at 14:26:54:

David,

It depends on the area. Keep in mind many people including my own tenants like having a garage. They use it for storage since we have no basements here in FL.

As Dan mentioned in the “working class” areas it can fly…but when you have to resale you may want to convert that garage back. It will help sell the property quicker. Many buyers I have encountered seem to look down thier noses at them.

BTW…I’m just south of you in the Sarasota area.

Great Success,

RichV(FL)

Re: Value of garage in Florida?? - Posted by Dan-fL

Posted by Dan-fL on June 15, 2004 at 13:32:51:

I have converted a couple dozen garages in the past few years.It adds alot of extra SQ ft for a small outlay,but I’t doesn’t fit well in middle to upper area.they want garages and not having one will hurt your resale value.So I say if your in a working class area then go for it,but if not, your wasting your money.I’m in the tampa area,about a hour west of tampa.

Re: Value of garage in Florida?? - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on June 15, 2004 at 13:17:06:

Depending on the neighborhood, there are many in Volusia that were 2/2’s and the garage was converted to a 3rd br. If the other homes in the area are the same, it shouldn’t effect the value.

Hope This Helps,
Barry (FL)

Re: Value of garage in Florida?? - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on June 18, 2004 at 12:31:46:

>I’m in the tampa area,about a hour west of tampa

So you own your own island in the Gulf? Cool.

Re: Value of garage in Florida?? - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on June 15, 2004 at 16:04:06:

I have 2 properties in Largo. The house is a 2/2 with a Florida room added. This created another problem for the heat pump. With the additional square footage, there was not enough tonnage for the home. How did you solve this problem with the 3rd BR’s that you added. I bought a whole new system because the current system was too old and not efficient enough.

kelly clarkson - Posted by kelly clarkson

Posted by kelly clarkson on October 19, 2005 at 04:38:34:

jessica simpson jennifer aniston jenna jameson carmen electra jessica simpson angelina jolie katie price pamela anderson katie price jenny mccarthy