Value of using ' Letter of Intent ' - Posted by Irving

Posted by Eric Fl on November 06, 2000 at 21:31:36:

I use the letter of intent more for explaining the idea of a deal to some one. Because I live 1-½ hours from any of the properties I look at. I use it to help them understand what I?m trying to tell them as I screen them on the phone. Kinda like a security blanket so its not a waste of time for me nor them. It works for my wife and I hope this helps explain what we use it for.

Eric

Value of using ’ Letter of Intent ’ - Posted by Irving

Posted by Irving on November 06, 2000 at 20:24:12:

Would appreciate hearing from anyone still using Letter of Intent and how it benefits you. Thank you. Irving

Sample ’ Letter of Intent ’ - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on November 08, 2000 at 23:27:26:

Can anyone provide a boiler plate sample, including the safe subject to’s…
really appreciate it

good luck to all

Re: Value of using ’ Letter of Intent ’ - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on November 08, 2000 at 10:52:10:

I agree with Mark. In dealing with Realtor listed properties if I am lowballing, I normally use a letter of intent that has some “softening” language in it so as not to totally tick off everyone.

Like Mark said, it gets pretty old filling out a multi-page contract on several different properties only to get them all rejected.

Re: Value of using ’ Letter of Intent ’ - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on November 07, 2000 at 11:21:56:

I think it makes sense if you are trying to buy low for all cash. It saves you from filling out the 8 page contract just to have it rejected. I change one number in my computer and I am done. Then if we are in the ballpark, we can go to contract.

Mark