Value? - Posted by Gib

Posted by Steve-WA on September 10, 2003 at 17:25:13:

same answer - and I concur with Lyal’s response

Value? - Posted by Gib

Posted by Gib on September 09, 2003 at 18:59:32:

You used to be able to get a rough estimate from NADA site, but now they only offer an estimate for payment.

Anyhoo, anyone have an idea on the wholesale value of a '99 28 X 52 General in average condition?

Thanks in advance.
Gib

Re: Value? - Posted by Gib

Posted by Gib on September 10, 2003 at 16:36:00:

I should have specified that this is a Conseco repo. What I was looking for was a guestimate on what they’d accept. This isn’t for a typical Lonnie deal. I have a half acre lot to put it and use for a rental.

Gib

Re: Value? - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on September 10, 2003 at 06:18:57:

Gib,
As Steve says, NADA value is worthless for buying. Use Lonnie’s negotiating techniques (“If I paid you cash today, what’s the BEST price you can give me?” followed later by “Are you sure that’s the best you can do on the price?”) to find out and decide if it works for you. To make that decision, you need to know what it will sell for in YOUR market. Figure that out by talking to dealer’s, park managers and people who’ve sold similar homes recently. Forget about the prices homes are listed for with agents and in the classifieds.
All the best, Lyal

in your eye - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on September 09, 2003 at 23:43:08:

Value is in the eye of the cash-holder.

I have a limit that I will pay wholesale for a SW, and I have a limit that I will pay for a DW.

1999, 1969, or 2009. I have set a limit, and if I cannot get a MH for less, regardless of age, then I will go buy from the next guy in line.

And the limit is based on one’s area, one’s market, and one’s pocketbook. So to speak.

If you can sell for 15K, then buy for 7K. No more. Value is 7K. If my profit standard is 100%. But 7K is above my limit, so I will not buy for 7K. Period. I do not need a house, the seller needs a buyer.

Book value is kind of moot in this business, IMHO.