Voice blasters? - Posted by Nick O

Posted by Jerry Martin NC on September 11, 2003 at 20:34:36:

That type of thing has been illeagle in North Carolina for many years now.

Voice blasters? - Posted by Nick O

Posted by Nick O on September 11, 2003 at 19:41:29:

Been searching for a program or service that lets you record a message and send it out to a bunch of vm’s or answering machines when sellers are not home like in the article by Joe Kaiser. Anyone know of a good one they use???
Thanks,
Nick O

Re: Voice blasters? - Posted by Tom PA

Posted by Tom PA on September 12, 2003 at 07:21:46:

There are several companies doing this and giving access to everything via the web. That would include recording the message, uploading files of numbers and downloading stats. You have the ability also to allow the customer to press a button on the keypad and be connected to your office.

The one that I am most familiar with is IMBOT but there are many others.

Re: Voice blasters? - Posted by Martin Greenberg

Posted by Martin Greenberg on September 12, 2003 at 04:04:54:

Dear Nick:
This may be a good stategy for responding to FSBO ads in the paper or signs in front of houses if you don’t want to talk to sellers.

Be careful - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on September 11, 2003 at 19:54:52:

Nick,
Be careful with this, there are new rules in effect for telemarketing.
There are do not call lists, rules, laws, and consequences for not following them close.

Check into the legality before spending money on a system to do these things.

Just an F.Y.I.

Take care,
Jim FL

Re: Jim, Was Curious… - Posted by AWWMi.

Posted by AWWMi. on September 13, 2003 at 21:56:32:

how that effects people in real estate fields in Florida. I was told Florida has had ‘no call lists’ for several years already. Is it considered a service calling up distressed homeowners and seeing if they want to sell you their home. If the call turned negative a person under such stressed state of mind may strike out at anyone within eyesight. Turning you in for harassing, etc. types of calls. And if your name turned up even a couple of times it seems you’d be more of an open target. Any feedback in Florida cases? It seems to me that this ‘no call’ will turn into a McCarthy ‘Communist hunt’ at least until all the blurred rules of engagement are made clearer. I think I’ll just stick to the list until the major battles from both sides are over. Maybe they’ll get smart and identify ‘no callers’ in the phone books. Seems like it’d make things easier for all involved. I would imagine the postal service is grinning over this one with a major jump in revenues bound to be incurred, “If ya can’t call em’ mail em’”. Time will tell how big of a cluster fudge this may turn into.
adrian

Re: Be careful - Posted by Tom PA

Posted by Tom PA on September 12, 2003 at 07:17:16:

I don’t believe that the new telemarketing rules apply in the REI world. First, the cold calls being made are not an attempt to sell a product or service. Second, there is an exception for calls that require a face to face meeting before a sale is made.

Now there are some other rules concerning automated dialing but they mostly concern themselves with sequentially or randomly generated phone numbers.

Of course, each state does have rules and regulations that must be followed. But, generally speaking, they are not difficult to handle.

Just do your research before jumping into the game.