Voice Mail or Live? - Posted by Kek

Posted by Mike on July 22, 2003 at 12:40:25:

In my experience prospecting for leads is an art form. The object is to get motivated sellers and not unmotivated ones. Answering every call live is not productive for filtering your calls unless you have an assistant doing it for you. If you dont have an assistant then let them go to voice mail. The Truly motivated sellers will leave a message and the other will die on the vine and hang up.

Voice Mail or Live? - Posted by Kek

Posted by Kek on July 22, 2003 at 09:39:26:

My number I have would be sellers call goes to voice mail. I lose a lot of calls this way, a lot of hangups.

I have some say get a live voice to answer the calls (answering service if not me personally). Saying your apt to lose half your calls. Others say voice mail is fine as the truly motivated will leave a message.

What are other’s experience as to which is more productive?

Neither! - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on July 22, 2003 at 17:10:20:

Ken,

Consider this . . . have the marketing for prospective sellers, direct them to your cell phone number. And have your marketing for prospective buyers, direct them to a voicemail number.

The prospective buyers (or tennant/buyers) are not nearly as important as prospective sellers, with regard to the abundance vs. scarcity issue.

If a prospective seller cannot reach you immediately when he/she is ready to make a move, they will simply call the next number on their list . . . and keep calling till they find some one to solve their problem NOW.

Since prospective sellers are much harder to come by, it only makes sense to make yourself available to them ALL the time. Especially if you are not yet wealthy enough so that contact with them is really not all that important.

When you can afford it, you can have everybody just talk to an employee who will later have to hand the call off to you for “closing” the deal.

I don’t know about you, but I like to talk with the decision maker from the “get-go”.

Brad