Wade Cook group coming to my area, should I go? - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on November 13, 1998 at 14:03:37:

John,

I can see how you could have gotten that impression.

Just keep at it and know that in your future when you look back to today and see how far you have really come, you will realize that your dream are just around the corner.

Mark

Wade Cook group coming to my area, should I go? - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on November 11, 1998 at 09:59:21:

The Wade Cook group is coming to my area to discuss his “Wall Street Money Machine” ideas. I know I should attend all and every investment seminar I can go to, but they just advertised Tuesday for their 3hr Seminar on Friday. I would have liked to have read the book before attending this seminar. I did read his “101 ways to Buy Real Estate without Cash” and it got me very motivated. At this time I am not interested in Stocks, should I go anyway? Anyone been to this, is it worth attending?

Sun. Nov. 15 Seattle Times article - Posted by Craig_NOLA

Posted by Craig_NOLA on November 15, 1998 at 13:27:03:

You may want to check out this article from Wade’s hometown newspaper. Go to www.seattletimes.com/news/local/html98/cook_111598.html

$.02 More - Posted by Bob - CO

Posted by Bob - CO on November 11, 1998 at 18:08:27:

If you’re not into stocks, I would stay home. They are going to try to sell you his $3750 stock investing program.

On the other hand, I know several people making money with his programs – which changed my mind about Wade. I’ll still watch them for a few more months before I do anything.

I started reading his books and they are good reads. Actually the RE Money Machine helped me understand the importance of paper.

Just a different view.

If rehabing is too hard, why get cooked?? - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on November 11, 1998 at 17:10:28:

John,

It apears that you are looking for a magic wand for your real estate success.

Let me ask you this one simple question?

How long did it take you to learn how to walk, talk, or read??

The only question now is how long are you willing to work to succeed??

If this is a whim and adventure, just enjoy the view and dabble.

If you are looking for the secret to success, it is quite simple.

Do something, repeat until it is second nature, continue until you are an expert in your field.

Piece of cake

Mark R in KCMO

Search the net about Wade Cook B4 you buy… - Posted by raelynn mitchell

Posted by raelynn mitchell on November 11, 1998 at 13:47:03:

as there is lots of interesting (some not so good) info out there.

After your search you can make your own call.

PS. I went to one of his free seminars several years ago, on Real Estate Money Machine concepts. At the end he made the interesting comment, “After you buy on seller carryback and fix and sell quickly, carrying the paper, then you can go buy discounted mortgages–a lot less work.” My mind got to thinking (uh oh!) “Why take the scenic route? Why not learn about buying mortgages right from the start?”

Just food for thought.

raelynn

I would go. Far away that is. - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on November 11, 1998 at 12:33:58:

This is hard for me as Wade’s REAL ESTATE money machine really helped me get started. However, in a past life, I did a review of his Stock Market Methodologies and their application to the real world.
There has been enough written on it that you can find it on the net and draw your own conclusions.

I disagree that ideas MUST have value if they are effectivly marketed.

If we were dumb enough to believe that, we would all go get 9-5 jobs and just try to do some real estate on the side, right?

Oh wait a sec…

Thanks,

karp
aka Karl Hartley

Re: Sun. Nov. 15 Seattle Times article - Posted by Doris - VA

Posted by Doris - VA on November 15, 1998 at 15:12:28:

Being curious about this Wade Cook people are posting about, I entered in my “search” – Seattle Times Local News Wade Cook – and I got a whole site with open forum postings etc. Scrolling down a short way - I found one titled “Foolish Feature 10/06/97” which gives you a pretty good in-depth picture of his background -his corporate structure including the behind the scenes ownership of the whole setup. Very serious info for anyone even thinking of investing in his stock. A real eye opener. I have no interest in him one way or the other but at least now I know who he is and what he it!!! Look before you leap!!! Doris

Cool off Mark - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on November 12, 1998 at 08:04:17:

I have been reading REI book after book, trying to find the niche that is right for me. I have long wanted to get into real estate, and never knew how to start. Now that I have a few MH’s under my belt, and I realize that it does work, that it is possible to generate an income just by investing time and not my own money. I am a young guy that is trying to get ahead for the future and provide for my family. I realize that I will never be at the income level I dream about in 10-15yrs. unless I do something about it now. I have been working my behind off trying to get all the details on all the REI techniques, so I can determine what is best for me. I started with MH’s because there are an abundance of them in my area and they are cheap to get into. Does this mean I cannot pursue any other REI avenues until I master the MH industry? I think not.

Buy it or create it - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on November 11, 1998 at 17:25:30:

Ditto on the “Why take the scenic route?”. I started in fixup and rehab, went to through the “nothing down” period of my growth and stumbled into paper.

I sat back and wondered why I had wasted so much time and energy. My goal was to buy real estate to eventually create cash flow. After wading through negative cash flows, balloon payments, tenants and toilets (actually I didn’t wade through the toilets). I realized I didn’t have to have that charming, wonderful experience.

I sold off my properties and created greater cash flows through the paper. Cash flow is the key, in my opinion the best way to get it is to create it by buying and selling properties on contract (like Cook’s Money Machine concept) or to buy and finance it. Notes can create immediate cash flow without some of the headaches of real estate.

By the way, it is FREE!!! - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on November 11, 1998 at 13:29:41:

The ad says it is regularly $33, but for a limited time it is free. They probably want to sell me something.

Do you recommend that book? - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on November 11, 1998 at 13:26:52:

“Real Estate Money Machine” Will this book give me the basics for flipping, or just guidelines on purchasing? I really liked the way he wrote “101 ways to buy Real Estate without cash”, it read really fast and it was written as examples. Should I buy it?

Re: Cool off Mark??? - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on November 12, 1998 at 19:06:35:

HUH??

Did I miss the punchline somewhere?

Mark R in KCMO

Oh yes, oh yes, oh YES! - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on November 11, 1998 at 21:31:36:

John, your post is so relevant and true, I would recommend people print it and staple it to their foreheads. It would have saved me some years and I would hope others can learn the “direct” route…

Thanks,

karp
aka Karl Hartley

Do not take your wallet or credit cards - Posted by CAUTION!

Posted by CAUTION! on November 11, 1998 at 15:14:16:

Nothing with Wade has ever been free. It is a pitch for his course. Wade is as smooth and persuading as anyone ever was. You will be teased to a frenzy and then drawn to the back table in a semi-hypnotized state. Wade is dangerous.

Re: Do you recommend that book? - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on November 11, 1998 at 21:34:48:

I found a book warehouse that had like 10 billion copies of his original RE money machine…for like 2 bucks each. I bought 25 or so and gave em away. Paying retail for Wade’s stuff anyway? Im sorry but I just can’t do it.

Thanks,

karp

Re: Cool off Mark??? - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on November 13, 1998 at 07:53:04:

Sorry Mark, when I first read your post to me, I took it as a flame that I was looking for a get rich quick scheme. I was just venting that I am trying hard to learn everything I can about REI.

Re: Do you recommend that book? - Posted by William

Posted by William on November 12, 1998 at 18:52:38:

Where did you find the book warehouse??
Maybe I could find some discount RE books.

Thanks.