Wallpaper? - Posted by Andy M (SC)

Posted by ScottE on March 09, 2002 at 15:43:21:

Did you use a paper tiger when you used the DIF? Usually a few applications will do the trick.

Scott

Wallpaper? - Posted by Andy M (SC)

Posted by Andy M (SC) on March 08, 2002 at 23:56:55:

I am doing my first reheb as we speak. Does anyone know an easy way to get wallpaper to come down? I feel like it would be easier and faster to next time pull all the drywall with wallpaper on it and rehang new. Most of it came down ok, but I have 2 rooms that are being a SOB. I have tried a steamer and some stuff called DIF. Any info would be great.

Thank you

Re: Wallpaper? - Posted by DaytonaNative

Posted by DaytonaNative on March 11, 2002 at 11:13:34:

Try vinegar and water 50 / 50. Spray it on and scrape it off. Cleans at the same time!

Re: Wallpaper? - Posted by RickCA

Posted by RickCA on March 09, 2002 at 20:27:19:

There ain’t no magic trick to getting it off, unfortunaely. Sometimes its easy and some rooms just plain suck! I agree that it seems that it would be easier to just rip out the rock and start fresh.

I have had pretty good success with TSP (tri-sodium phosphate). Buy the granular type in a box at the harware store and dilute with water. Score the paper and sponge, or spray the TSP solution on. Then try to scrape and if it don’t work, do it again, and again… sooner or later you will get it off. this is really one of those jobs that it pays to get a cheap laborer to do for you…

Good luck~