Want Free Online COMPS? - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by chris ( fl ) on May 21, 1999 at 24:31:47:

I saw this site touted over @ realestatelink.net & thought it was only a West coast thing. Thanx for elevating my thinking.
I’m going there right now.

Want Free Online COMPS? - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on May 20, 1999 at 17:15:48:

These are good…

While surfing some real estate sites, I found a referral to a title company in California that provides free online comps from the Dataquick database. You’ll have to register with their site, for free, but this only takes a couple of minutes.

http://www.octitle.com/is.htm

I know the database covers several states including California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah…but you’ll have to try it and see if it covers your area. Very good reports for free!

Stacy

CAREFUL - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on May 22, 1999 at 18:01:00:

I signed up to see about my area… the info for my county is incomplete and some of it was completely inaccurate. (ie it states 0.0 Bedrooms or 3.0 Bedrooms when there are 4.)

For example I checked out a home I am looking at right now… the man has owned it for just under a year… this site says it is still owned by the builder of the house. County courthouse says different.

Another example is this site doesn’t even show that my in-laws house exists in my county. (They have lived there 23 years.)

Just a word to be careful with the information you get. Verify everything until you are confident this site updates the information for your county regularly.

No sense in mailing a post card to someone that doesn’t own the house anymore. Just my 2 cents.

Brandi_TX

Re: Want Free Online COMPS? - Posted by Curtis MN

Posted by Curtis MN on May 21, 1999 at 10:12:21:

I just tried this system out and it works great for Minnesota! Thank you!

Re: Want Free Online COMPS? - Posted by Mark (Nrth CA)

Posted by Mark (Nrth CA) on May 21, 1999 at 06:43:04:

Hi Stacy…
Thanks for this info…was looking into signing up with one of the companies that offers online comps and other such info…this will same me some money…:slight_smile:
Sincerely Mark

Thank you, thank you, thank you…Stacy, your are GREAT!! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 21, 1999 at 24:26:27:

Stacy,
Your post was “just in time”.
I already signed up and used the service tonight.
We recently got a seller to agree to do a straight “option to buy” on his home. He is motivated, but not enough to L/O or anything “yet”. He agreed that he’d accept less than the CMA price by a “decent” percentage, and allow me to try and sell at the FMV.
He was real concerned that I make a profit if I sell it.
He did however ask me to do a CMA report and bring it to him, so we could “both” verify numbers.
Your referal to this service got me a great proffesional looking report and saved me time in typing my own out longhand.
THANK YOU!!!
Also, we got this “option” signed, and the guy agreed to sell to me for $185k a $205k home!! YAY!!
He also INSISTS that IF we do not sell in 60 days, that he be allowed to Lease Option it to me, for mortgage balance plus a “couple of thousand”.
(He only owes $170k or so,and I know this is WAY below the asking price now, but by the end of the 60 days, he just wants out!!)
He then already agreed to allow my payments to be his mortgage payment, which is BELOW market rent for a home like this!!
Anyway, sorry to ramble, but I am EXCITED!!!
Thanks again,
Jim IL

P.S. Oh, yes, and this guy is a mortgage broker and will be helping me to find a mortgage for a tenant buyer from another deal!!! What a guy!
I love this business!!

Re: Want Free Online COMPS? - Posted by Barbara

Posted by Barbara on May 20, 1999 at 23:33:22:

This is great!! I thought they would never have info for Florida so I almost didn’t register. But I did and they do!! Thanks so much!! This site has the most valuable info!!

Great Resource - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 20, 1999 at 18:21:42:

Stacy,

Thanks for the timely post!

I’ve already set up my account, and used it to confirm the values of some properties I’m currently considering.

Bill K. (AZ)

Cool! - Posted by Rosie(CA)

Posted by Rosie(CA) on May 20, 1999 at 18:03:01:

Thanks for the tip.

Their info is much better than my own realtor gave me. They even have a plat map. And I got an idea…hmmm.

Re: CAREFUL - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on May 22, 1999 at 18:21:42:

Good catch, Brandi. I’m a little surprised, since dataquick is in the business of providing tax data base information to real estate businesses, such as assessors and title companies. But, maybe it has to do with Texas…someone posted that transactions are kept “private” there, although I’m not sure what that means. Is the same incorrect info in the Texas tax data base?

Stacy