Want to buy a house...my credit is shot!!!!! - Posted by Ann

Posted by Jason on July 24, 2003 at 21:12:17:

Try this site www.Planetloan.com they have info on credit repair I think the best and cheapest way is to do it yourself I am in the middle of that my self and I have 5 things removed 2 of which are actually mine so I would try it my self first they must prove the items in 30 days or must be removed immediatly and if they say they proved it write them back demanding to see the original docs you sighned for the loan and 19 out of 20 times they put everything on computer and can not find the original and they must delete it immediatly the site I gave you has sample letters follow to a T and you credit will get better

Want to buy a house…my credit is shot!!! - Posted by Ann

Posted by Ann on July 21, 2003 at 15:37:14:

Just pulled my credit report from Trans Union…they have me at a score of…sit down first…440! OUCH! OUCH!!

first of all, two items are duplicates; two are charged off credit cards; One is a recent repo, and the other is a student loan. Total debts on credit report is $28,000. I really DO NOT want anyone pulling my credit report. To make maters worse, I am self-employed.

If I am anticipating buying a house in March of next year, do I have time to fix my credit (i.e. winning the lottery and paying everything off)? Do the Credit Repair Law firms work? Or Should I try to buy one lease option, contract for deed, or Subject 2?

Even if I am able to pay these debts off, I know they will stay on the report for a while.

Creative minds…I need your help.

Ann

Re: Want to buy a house…my credit is shot!!! - Posted by Jed_VT

Posted by Jed_VT on July 21, 2003 at 19:27:39:

Dear Ann,

I have been using lexingtonlaw.com and they have done a good job bringing my numbers up. They get rid of anything that can be gotten rid of. Like I said they have really grought my numbers up, soon I will be able to get a mortage. Right now I am working for lease options.

Good luck!!!
Jed

Re: Want to buy a house…my credit is shot!!! - Posted by Gib

Posted by Gib on July 21, 2003 at 18:26:59:

99% of credit repair firms are a waste of time and money. They will do nothing for you that you can’t do yourself for a lot less money. Some places to read up on credit repair:

www.creditboards.com

Gib

Re: Want to buy a house…my credit is shot!!! - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on July 21, 2003 at 15:49:26:

Ann I have never tried these guys but I get email from them on a regular basis you might check them out.
http://www.lexingtonlaw.com/

Re: Want to buy a house…my credit is shot!!! - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on July 21, 2003 at 15:39:12:

I am no credit expert, but as a bare minimum; PAY ON TIME and NEVER BE LATE. You can check the archives and the replies here on fixing mistakes, but showing reliable payments on time will go along way towards getting future credit.