WARNING: Equity Hunter - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Berno on April 17, 2006 at 09:04:41:

I’m positive that several posts were deleted. I also know that it you took a poll, almost 100% of the regular visitors here know why EH is no longer here and are happy about it. I guess there is a limit of how many times you can post rubbish (at best) on a site like this and get away with it. You will find few people to come to EH’s defense. Some of us had done it once and regretted it since.

WARNING: Equity Hunter - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on April 12, 2006 at 12:19:07:

To all visitors of this message board:

The anonymous poster called Equity Hunter is not welcome here. He is banned. I thought we solved the problem a few weeks ago by blocking the sender, but it looks as though we’ll need to take stronger action.

Here is what happened to the last lunatic:

http://www.creonline.com/CREOnline-vs-LaVerdi.html

The messages come from two distinct, static, and traceable IP addresses under 15 or 20 aliases, including Sebastian, Jacob, John, Amory, and Lorie–and these aliases sometimes even reply to each other within a thread.

In the meantime, you can help by simply ignoring these posts. This lonely, disturbed individual enjoys the interaction and attention. If you stop replying, you will help preserve the dignity and integrity of these message boards.

The messages have been logged as evidence, and if you have anything further to add, email me directly.

Jeanne Foyt
Creative Real Estate Online

Re: WARNING: Equity Hunter- Why - Posted by Cathy

Posted by Cathy on April 15, 2006 at 19:34:17:

I an I think most posters here would like to know just what this guy has done? I have done a search in the engine and it turned up no relally bad posts. It is not that I doubt what you are saying, but please explain. If he has been exceptionally derogatory or used fowl language or run down this site, I believe I and others can understand this. We certainly understand that there may not be all that we know. Some of his posts certainly are negative but positive and negative are a fact of life. What specifically has made him persona not grata?

Re: WARNING: Equity Hunter - Posted by MatthewC

Posted by MatthewC on April 14, 2006 at 20:36:42:

Wow, that is great news.

It was just getting tiresome running into threads he was on. I didn’t want to waste energy replying to those threads as they were non-productive and had very little merit in my view.

Hurray on the banning of this bothersome individual.

Matthew

Ahhh, EH… - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on April 13, 2006 at 12:21:06:

All of those fond memories of posts from Equity Hunter…“show me proof of your deals” I believe he used to demand. And I remember all that stood up for him when some of those on this site with common sense denounced him. I would just love to see a pic of ol’ EH and see what this guy actually looks like. I can honestly say that I will not miss him and this site will be MUCH better without him. Thanks to CREOnline!

PS…does this mean he won’t be at the convention??

It’s called a troll - Posted by trollster

Posted by trollster on April 13, 2006 at 01:02:13:

Trolls are online misfits looking for attention.

Re: WARNING: Equity Hunter - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 12, 2006 at 18:44:06:

Equity Hunter should be aware that back in 2002 some nut named Laverdi who enjoyed harassing others on this site was sued by CREOnline and lost.

Re: WARNING: Equity Hunter and others - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on April 12, 2006 at 15:56:30:

It appears that Equity Hunter and Jacob (with the 20 aliases and email addresses) are indeed two different posters.

The message remains the same.

Jeanne

Re: WARNING: Equity Hunter- Why - Posted by Killer Joe

Posted by Killer Joe on April 15, 2006 at 21:09:09:

Cathy,

I’m only speaking for myself, but my guess is you have most likely not seen all the EH posts that were deleted.

It seems to be that EH could count more thorns on the rose bush than blumes. I like a little balance in perspective, and an occational rant would not set off any sprinklers, if you get my drift. But that was not the case.

Additionally, the lure of a national audience seemed to be more intoxicating for that person than for most of us who frequent this site. He crossed over the line time and time again in an attempt to make this his personal forum. All of this without ever giving the benefit of any positive guidence, encouragement, or balance, imho.

One of my favorite posters has not made a single post since bing insulted by that person. Just a coinicidence? Perhaps, but a few others were treated just as rudely by that person, and the editors of this site invested quite a bit of time removing his posts.

It is ironic, however, that the deleting of the uber-negative posts would lead to a post such as yours. In the grand scheme of things I guess that was inevitable. Did EH cross a line that had to be drawn in the sand? He did doughnuts with his ATV on that line. Sorry you missed it, I’m sorry I had to witness it. HTH

KJ

Re: WARNING: Equity Hunter - Posted by jason_ga

Posted by jason_ga on April 12, 2006 at 19:50:29:

Hit the road Jack, and dont you come back no more no more no more no more no more , Hit the road Jack…

Re: WARNING: Equity Hunter- Why - Posted by Innovator

Posted by Innovator on April 16, 2006 at 23:36:04:

KEEPING ONE BAD APPLE FROM SPOILING THE CROP

Re: WARNING: Equity Hunter- Why - Posted by Cathy

Posted by Cathy on April 16, 2006 at 11:51:02:

I can see where deleting uber-negative posts could give a different perspective. I am not quite sure what may be an insulting post, but I guess it is in the mind of the sender and receiver. Why, what one might conceive as receiving an insulting post would led them not to post, I am not quite sure either, but perhaps some people would be over sensitive to that. There was some positive guidence in some posts that are in the archives, but if you could count the deleted posts it may have tipped the scales. Perhaps Jeanne could enlighten us?