WARNING-JOHN ALEXANDER. - Posted by Trent Flanigan

Better Post Gus! - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on March 14, 2006 at 20:07:36:

Right on. I would also recommend both Berno and Chris attend the Creonline Convention. You will learn more there that almosts any Guru can tell you at a lot less money. Besides its fun and you can get more if you like while you are there. You need some seasoning boys.

Not quite - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on March 15, 2006 at 07:40:50:

We need “seasoning”? I’m glad you know so much about us Jack. Next can you tell us what will happen with the “bubble”?

In America there are needs and those that set out to make a dollar filling those needs. If you think it’s a guru’s fault that people buy their material and do nothing, you must also find fault with those who manufacture exercise equipment and then market it to lazy, fat people who they know will never get up and use it. I guess you guys are saying that these gurus should only sell to people who they KNOW will use it…maybe they could set up personal interviews before a sale. Is that your logic or am I missing something?

Re: Not quite- Maybe - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on March 15, 2006 at 09:13:07:

You are missing something. The so called bubble has nothing to do with this. That’s a different subject alltogether. It’s only the so called “Guru’s” fault if he is selling a bunch of junk to begin with, which is often the case. People are responsible or should be for their own actions. There are those who wouldn’t do it, if you gave it to them on a silver platter. It’s their money and they have the right ot throw it away if they like. However, I believe the majority are ones who expect to get something good and useful and not junk for their hard earned money. If they don’t which is often the case, they should have some recompense and the “Guru’s” are the ones who should be put out of business. Wake up. The world is full of less than truthful and shady charters. It behoves the interested investor to do his due dillegence, find out which are good and which are not so good and buyer beware.

Re: Not quite- Maybe - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on March 16, 2006 at 12:18:16:

I agree, and the guru’s should be held accountable for their claims.
It is time to hold their feet to the fire, and have them prove their claims.
If they can’t prove them they should shut up about them.
If they have never done the deals they claim then I would think they are wide open for a law suit.

Re: Not quite- Maybe - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on March 15, 2006 at 14:53:10:

The bubble thing was sarcasm, meaning that if you can judge the backround of others on this site without knowing them (the “you need seasoning” comment)that you would know what was going to happen with real estate prices too.

I don’t need to wake up. I haven’t blown any money on real estate courses. All of the money I have spent has been well spent…I’ve learned something from everything that I have read. I haven’t read all the materials from all Gurus, but I have yet to find anything that I would consider “junk”.

Re: Not quite- Maybe (Silent majority)… - Posted by Chris in FL

Posted by Chris in FL on March 31, 2006 at 09:42:59:

Craig & Jack, How long have you both invested in R.E., and how successful are you (truth, not tall tales)? I am a successful R.E. investor, and I am friends with at least 20, and acquaintance with another 50, successful R.E. investors, and I don’t think 1 of them would denounce gurus across the table the way the two of you seem to. In fact, most, like me, continue to study and learn from gurus at every sensible opportunity, because we continue to learn, improve our techniques, expand our tools, and grow our wealth and income, frequently while doing less and less work. I have studied material from at least two dozen major gurus, and I can’t see any successful investor not seeing some valuable and good information in every one of them (even if a lot of it is stuff you already knew). In fact, I almost always get something out of studying, even if it is only seeing something I already knew from a different angle, and realizing a way I can use it to increase my results further. I might be wrong, but if the two of you are successful investors, I don’t see how you can say the things you say about gurus. I can’t even fathom it.

Re: Not quite- Maybe-Still - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on March 16, 2006 at 05:59:29:

Sometimes you can make a pretty good judgement based on the knowledge or lack of knowledge shown in the posting. I am glad you think all your money spent for for real estate courses has been well spent. The more power to you. How much of it have you actually used to purchase property? Maybe it possible you don’t have the knowledge yet to recognize junk? How long have you been actually buying property? Hang in there, you probably can make it yet.

Re: Not quite- Maybe (Silent majority)… - Posted by Chris in FL

Posted by Chris in FL on March 31, 2006 at 10:03:39:

Sorry, meant to say, as per subject line, that I know the “silent majority” of successful R.E. investors recognize that most of the gurus have good, useful information, even though not all information from every guru is for everyone. Pick and choose what makes sense for you (and, keep in mind, none of it will work if you don’t apply). If you think spending money to learn from a guru means you should get rich instantly without putting forth any effort, you might as well save your money (it doesn’t work that way). Best wishes!

Thanks Jack - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on March 16, 2006 at 09:14:46:

Thanks for your kind words Jack. I do aspire to be a cunning dealer like you some day. Maybe with more work, and your leadership, I can make it. I also hope to become a man that can judge other people experience by posts on a website. That would be the icing on the cake!

Missed the point. - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on April 13, 2006 at 10:31:19:

Chris
I have nothing against gurus, only those that lie about their accompishments, and use it as a way to sell to people that really are incapable of ever investing in real estate.
I do my own investing, and I’m open to learning, but if you are going to tell me you are doing 20 deals a month, and that is why I should listen to you, then you should be able to show me what you have done, not just tell me.
I could tell you I was doing 50 deals a month, and unless I proved it, would you be stupid enough to believe me.
I think all advertising should be held accountable for what they say. (not just gurus)

Re: Thanks Jack-Welcome - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on March 16, 2006 at 11:28:19:

Your welcome Berno. Cunning no-Realistic yes. I hope you get the help to make it. Keep trying there may be hope for you yet.

Re: Missed the point. - Posted by Chris in FL

Posted by Chris in FL on April 13, 2006 at 13:16:15:

Craig,
I think most gurus do tell the truth about their accomplishments. They may glamourize from time to time, but I don’t think the vast majority out-and-out lie. I hear people all the time “Ron LeGrand and Robert Allen are not any good because they went bankrupt”, and, meanwhile, they both openly explained their bankruptcy, with details, years earlier. So what. That has nothing to do with whether or not their material works. If you actually learn what they teach, and apply it, it does work.
Further, I think most gurus actually do want people to learn how to build wealth, correctly, and to get far more value from their material than what it costs. Does that happen in every case? No. Are some people lemmings that buy everything that sounds good, think they will get rich quick and easy, and don’t understand why the material doesn’t work when they never really learned the material much less applied it? Yes. Is it the gurus job to sort out who can use the material and make the most of it versus who is a lemming? No.
Plus, most gurus, somewhere in their material, say “real estate is not get rich quick stuff; while a few people do get rich quick, normally real estate builds wealth slowly and systematically over a long period of time”. Even quick-turn expert Ron LeGrand, who has his skeletons, acknowledges that it takes a certain type of person to do this business. Many people hate ‘Pappa Ron’ because he is arrogant. He readily points out the faults of the everyday guy/gal that prevent them from success, and says you will not succeed if you can’t overcome them (such as couch potato, no motivation, afraid of any risk at all, not a get-the-job-done person, etc.). He doesn’t say “buy this and get rich quick while watching tv and eating yet another bag of chips”, but somehow that is what the lemmings expect. He says his success comes partly from learning more, getting up earlier and going to bed later, working harder, and being more determined than the average bear. But the lemmings hear what they want to hear. That is life! Lemmings will likely always hear what they want to hear, and they will likely always be lemmings, not because some guru fleeces them, but because they are lemmings! Here is a simple message… DON’T BE A LEMMING, and the gurus won’t screw you’s! I am letting you know I glamourized some details about what gurus say and do, so deal with it. Best wishes!

Re: Thanks Jack-Welcome - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on March 17, 2006 at 07:11:50:

sounds like we’re running a day care.

Re: Missed the point. - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on April 13, 2006 at 17:23:24:

Whoa there, you say the guru’s don’t say it is a get rich quick? Maybe they don’t but they sure insinuate it. Just watch an old Del Dotto ad, or maybe a Russ Whitney ad.
People saying things like “I made 50,000 on my first deal in just hours a week” Now would you call that saying it was a get rich scheme.
Sure sounds like it to me. And why do they always target single mothers or single guys still living at home.
Their target market is not the real estate investors. Most won’t spend the thousands on their bootcamps.
Their target is the dreamer who they know never will do it.
I’m sure there are legitimate teachers out there, but then that is what this is suppose to do, help weed out the phoneys.
It is hard to tell who is legit and who is not.

Re: Thanks Jack-You Too - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on March 17, 2006 at 16:33:02:

More like a mutual admiration society.