Warranty Deeds - Posted by RUSSELL BARNHILL

Posted by Nate(DC) on October 21, 2003 at 13:13:09:

This is really a title question for a local title attorney to deal with. To get a warranty deed to the property you would have to go back to the seller and get them to sign a new deed. You could also do a quiet title lawsuit if you wished to establish for certain that you were the owner of the land. However, if you don’t have a particular reason to believe you have a title problem, you may be doing this all needlessly.

I’m not an attorney, but you might want to pose this to a local land use attorney and see if they think there is any reason for you to even spend time on this.

NT

Warranty Deeds - Posted by RUSSELL BARNHILL

Posted by RUSSELL BARNHILL on October 20, 2003 at 13:11:37:

I bought property with a hiatus between my land and the property to the south. I have a quit claim deed from the person I bought my land from and another one from the person who owns the land to the south for the hiatus to establish the property line. What is the easiest way to convert this property to a warranty deed?

Re: Warranty Deeds - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on October 20, 2003 at 15:22:39:

What do you hope to accomplish here?

NT

Re: Warranty Deeds - Posted by RUSSELL BARNHILL

Posted by RUSSELL BARNHILL on October 21, 2003 at 06:38:15:

When I resale, build or get title insurance they want a warrenty deed. I think by having a quit claim from both parties that should quiet the title but I don’t understand if I can give a warranty deed to a buyer or can I give a warranty deed to my son then have him return to me with a warranty deed so I can provide one when required.