Wasting time on my Web Page - suggestions please - Posted by Bruce Reeves

Posted by Austinj on December 27, 2000 at 09:11:07:

I just got my site up and running last month.
It was pretty simple. Front page was
intended to make your internet career
easier. If you find it difficult, you may want to
consult a local college that will design your site for
free. They do this as part of their course requirement.

My site isn’t at all great…but then again I want it simple.

AJ

Wasting time on my Web Page - suggestions please - Posted by Bruce Reeves

Posted by Bruce Reeves on December 27, 2000 at 07:40:59:

I built a very simple web page with WORD 2000. I thought I would master the very basic stuff so I can make changes when I wanted without using an outside source. Maybe make it more sophisticated as I learned more.

The purpose for now is to use the web site as an additional brochure. I put it on my bandit signs and can refer to it in phone conversations, etc. I think it serves to a minor degree to add a little more legitimacy to the business.

I am wasting too much time with it in this simple form, so I am looking to use either an outside source or a software that is very easy to use. Any suggestions?

Right now I’m having trouble uploading changes with the FTP software and the web page looks fine with Internet Explorer but is formatted screwy with Netscape. Will a software like Frontpage 2000 solve some of this? I really just rather pay someone and go work my business.

Re: Wasting time - suggestions please - Posted by Paul NM

Posted by Paul NM on December 27, 2000 at 22:42:35:

Most free web hosting sites do not support the Frontpage extensions.

I built www.MobileHomeDoctor.com with Frontpage. Using the software is the easy part. The challange is in designing the layout and the look and feel of the site.

I have it hosted for a $30 set up fee and $7/mo at www.esosoft.com

Good luck.

Paul NM

Re: Wasting time on my Web Page - Posted by Kristen Guzman

Posted by Kristen Guzman on December 27, 2000 at 14:32:30:

Hi Bruce!!

I am a graphic artist and Front page is a very good source to use.

Re: Wasting time on my Web Page - Posted by Steve Rust

Posted by Steve Rust on December 27, 2000 at 08:32:58:

Bruce,

Check out “websites2go.com”. They have simple templates that take a few minutes to fill out. For $20 a month you can have a functional website. Mine is in the beginning stages @ibuyokchouses.com

A free one - Posted by John J.

Posted by John J. on December 27, 2000 at 08:30:05:

Several companies will host your web site for free and also provide you with the tools. I use Homestead.com and like it. My web site is: www.thishome.homestead.com
Let me know if I can help.