Water Heater - Posted by Dewey

Posted by btroost on October 29, 2000 at 18:56:14:

This is not uncommon, although they don’t always fall over…usually the water heater leaks and causes the floor to rot out literally from under it. In your case when the water heater went through the floor, it went sideways and toppled. If you have mobile home insurance, some policies will pay for water damage…check with you agent or submit a claim to the insurance co if the agent knows nothing. If it is covered since you already did the work, I hope you took pix and kept all the receipts. Dont forget to charge them for your time…most mh repair people get $25 -$32 hr if you would have paid for someone else to do it.

Water Heater - Posted by Dewey

Posted by Dewey on October 28, 2000 at 20:02:11:

My first deal fell through a few days ago, so I started calling my list of buyers. I scheduled an appointment at 3:00 yesterday. My buyer and I walk in the door and guess what? The floors were soaked. The water heater fell over, hit the water conditioner and knocked the top off of it. Water was shooting everywhere.

Has anybody else had an experience like this? I have spent the last two days ripping the floors out and replacing them.

Oh well, it could have been worse. We could have both stepped in the door and fell through the floor.

To try to see the humor in this, I would like to hear about anybody else’s shockers. Thanks,
Dewey