Water Main Break - Posted by BR2

Posted by Laure on May 26, 2000 at 20:03:23:

I’ve always understood that the division of responsibility was the water meter, although I’ve never had any experience with a main break. I know I had a bad sewer line, and had to dig to the street at my expense. I think it cost about 1500.00 to dig and put in new plastic back to the house. I know I had to shop to even find someone who would do the job.

If the house price is really, really right, the repair should be affordable. But I’m talking a deal on the house, not just a few bucks off.

Laure :slight_smile:

Water Main Break - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on May 26, 2000 at 14:47:37:

Located home thru curbside furniture (eviction). The former tenant states that there’s water in the back yard (Water Main break)and the City refuses to repair. The City said the break is inside the home and is not their responsibility.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is it expensive? I can get it at a good price, but I have no idea how expensive a water main break can be to fix/repair.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Guys! (nt) - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on May 27, 2000 at 16:40:07:

You pay for your supply to the “street”. - Posted by Rolfe Kurtyka

Posted by Rolfe Kurtyka on May 27, 2000 at 01:05:08:

Around here (MN), we are responsible for our water hook-up at the main supply, which runs under the street. $2000 - $3000 for copper to the street.

The electrical utility stops at the box.

Rolfe