Water stains on walls - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Paul NM on January 11, 2001 at 24:08:50:

Hi Carey,

What’s the wall made out of? I have lots of repair information at www.MobileHomeDoctor.com but can be more specific if I know what material you are dealing with.

Paul NM

Water stains on walls - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on January 10, 2001 at 22:10:42:

Hello all,

I was wondering does anyone know an inexpensive way to remove water stains from a wall where the ceiling has once leaked? (The ceiling has since been repaired, but the walls look a mess)

Thanks,

CAREY

Re: Water stains on walls - Posted by George in AZ

Posted by George in AZ on January 14, 2001 at 17:40:58:

Carey;
I have found that Kilz or Zinzer (sp?) work well on water stains on ceiling panels as well as painted walls, either drywall or painted paneling.For water staining tho, be sure not to get the water based versions of these products, the staining will bleed thru. Get the other version which, I believe, is oil based.
What area of PA do you work in? Due to family matters in the York area I am considering the purchase of a small park in the central or south central part of PA.
George in Arizona

Re: Water stains on walls - Posted by joe–ga

Posted by joe–ga on January 11, 2001 at 08:35:02:

If you are dealing with a sheetrock wall ,Go to a building supply store and ask for kilz. applies like paint,let dry and paint over. This will cure the stain from bleeding back through.If the wall is paneling,dark,get some old english furniture polish with stain and rub it down with a rag. Thanks Joe–ga