Way to make inves. contacts outside of convention - Posted by CTGal

Posted by CTGal on March 14, 2002 at 19:57:41:

Yet another reason why “small town” stores are good to keep around.

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

Way to make inves. contacts outside of convention - Posted by CTGal

Posted by CTGal on March 12, 2002 at 10:59:46:

Could anyone share some ideas regarding the ways in which they made contacts/found investors that were interested in buying flips/contracts?

I know that scouting at the convention and at a local real estate club is the ideal situation, and I sure plan to work on making contacts in those arenas, but what other avenues are there in which to find investors interested in purchasing from “scouts”?

Another small additional question: How common is it for investors to be interested in properties located in other states? I.E. If I found a great deal in CT but couldn’t find a local investor, what are the chances of finding someone out of state, or even on the other side of the state, that would be interested in the deal(s)?
Common sense tells me it’s local or bust, but the optimist in me says “you know that crazy things are possible” and I’ll believe that forever!

Great Way to make FLIP / REHAB Contacts - Posted by Scott Ashbaugh

Posted by Scott Ashbaugh on March 13, 2002 at 13:03:16:

Many years ago, during college summer off, I worked with my father in law. He’s a builder/developer. My wife and I were planning to take over his business, but that’s another story. It blew me away when he went into the local building supply company front desk, a guy he knew, and they were chit-chatting. The info I was hearing was incredibly valuable stuff. Who was building what, how many, who was looking for their next project, who had cash and funding, who had projects done or near done but couldn’t sell, etc. The building supply co. was looking to be paid off and followed these guys and their projects very carefully. These builders/rehabbers who are working for their living day to day can’t afford office staff for the most part and they were relying on word of mouth and using these main desks of the local building supply companies to chat and get their leads.

Also these people can teel you who’s got a good reputation, who’s responsible. A great source for handy-man leads.

Great Way to make FLIP / REHAB Contacts - Posted by Scott Ashbaugh

Posted by Scott Ashbaugh on March 13, 2002 at 13:03:09:

Many years ago, during college summer off, I worked with my father in law. He’s a builder/developer. My wife and I were planning to take over his business, but that’s another story. It blew me away when he went into the local building supply company front desk, a guy he knew, and they were chit-chatting. The info I was hearing was incredibly valuable stuff. Who was building what, how many, who was looking for their next project, who had cash and funding, who had projects done or near done but couldn’t sell, etc. The building supply co. was looking to be paid off and followed these guys and their projects very carefully. These builders/rehabbers who are working for their living day to day can’t afford office staff for the most part and they were relying on word of mouth and using these main desks of the local building supply companies to chat and get their leads.

Also these people can teel you who’s got a good reputation, who’s responsible. A great source for handy-man leads.