Web page advice - Posted by Gavin

Posted by shekhar on November 15, 2005 at 02:30:23:

aaaa

Web page advice - Posted by Gavin

Posted by Gavin on September 13, 2004 at 16:34:18:

I’m not a techie and need some web page program advice. I’m looking to construct a web page that will be able to collect info for an on-line “application”; and
for my properties to rent / sell / showcase.

Can you suggest a program to use / purchase? Who are you using for hosting?

All advice will be heeded for this DIY project.

Re: Web page advice - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on September 15, 2004 at 19:21:32:

Mine is all web-based and template drive. I don’t have to program a thing. It has really good pages for showing your property for sale. Check mine out at; www.PhxHomeBuyers.com and you can sign up through a link to my host. It’s only 25/mo and 25 to set-up.

check out mine… - Posted by PJ

Posted by PJ on September 14, 2004 at 24:39:31:

I used to work in the IT feild and am pretty good at websites - ive built quiet a few.

I can point u in the right direction - send me an email if u have more questions

Re: Web page advice - Posted by astro

Posted by astro on September 13, 2004 at 20:25:42:

Try frontpage but it has a price, or buy a premade template, or go to a bidding site and place a bid for this page, or finally go to your local college, put up a flyer (pay the kid a 100 bucks)… you can google them. since it is an app and you are collecting personal data, you may need a SSL (secure server certificate), you can set this up for less than 30 a year. Hosting plans are all over the place depending on your template technology.

You can set this up with minimal time and effort (less than 40 hours to learn it all), try 3W Schools for online free html tutorials to get the basics.

good luck.

hosting
php/mysql 10 bucks a month or so

domain name
8-10bucks

software or freebee page
100 bucks or so…

www.3schools.com (learn html)
PHP: A simple tutorial - Manual (learn php)
PHP Resource Index » Tips and Tutorials » Examples and Tutorials » Forums
http://php.resourceindex.com
www.mysql.com