Webmaster: can't search archives for 2006,2007? - Posted by Dave Ojeda

Posted by Terry Vaughan on May 09, 2007 at 11:24:07:

Dave:

Funny you should mention that!

I can’t tell you how many emails and letters we have received over the years that say just that - “I read the articles and posts on your website, I made a fortune, sorry I didn’t buy anything from you, I should send a check someday, oh well, thanks!”

But then there are the tear stained letters from the people who were living in their car, stopped by to use the library computer - now life is great and they are on top of the world, with bucks to burn!

Those are the ones that make it all worth while.

Webmaster: can’t search archives for 2006,2007? - Posted by Dave Ojeda

Posted by Dave Ojeda on May 07, 2007 at 17:47:51:

Why is it that I can’t search the archives for the more recent years like 2007 and 2006?

Any help would be appreciated

Searching all the archives - here’s two ways - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 08, 2007 at 23:29:13:

Google.com has a search of a website function that will help. For example, I tested a couple of my recent posts that were un-accessible through the search function here at the site.

When I use the www.google.com advanced search feature and limit it to this website by typine http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/ it brings up the recent posts.

So, for this or any other site that is searched by the searcher programs like Google.com there is always a search.

Really old posts can also be accessed through the “Wayback Machine” at www.archive.org.

For example, if you wanted to find something where a search doesn’t work or even that has been removed from the web, they have archived sites and you can actually step back to that time and find it.

For All inqusitive minds : - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on May 08, 2007 at 22:22:23:

The archives for all seven (count them - 7) news groups, total over 1,400,000 files.

They have to be re-worked, re-formatted and moved into a new PHP system.

Because it is such a big job, we are negotiating with another web provider to handle nothing but the archives, which will be attached to the system for the entire site.

Since I have to be careful not to allow files to be damaged, we are moving carefully. I am sorry for the delay, but I will let everyone know when it is complete.

Except for Frank, who doesn’t believe me anyway.

Re: Webmaster: can’t search archives f - Posted by Frank

Posted by Frank on May 07, 2007 at 21:16:08:

They claim the are changing to a new format. I think is is called Ph something. But they are taking their sweet A$$ time doing it!

Re: For All inquisitive minds : - Posted by BTI

Posted by BTI on May 09, 2007 at 24:07:31:

Terry

Thanks for the answer, as I stated in a post somewhere I’ve taken on the job of mentoring two of my late older brothers grandchildren and their new spouses when the return from Iraq, whenever that is, they have been extended three times.

My first assignment to them was to start reading this site, I gave them a list of posters to pay special attention to, and a list of posters to check out in the archives. I consider your archives to be a very valuable resource and would hate for new investors to lose access to them.

And to answer your question, BTI is just shorthand for Brian the Investor.

BTI

A google link? - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 08, 2007 at 23:32:29:

Terry, while there is still some time left on transition, you might want to consider dropping a google.com link in at the top next to the search function or just on the search page that points out and links to the advanced Google search.

I had a forum search go down on a non real estate related website. People were very frustrated and neither I nor tech support could figure out why my search function went down. I added the quick link to Google and people were happy again.

SO Sorry! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on May 07, 2007 at 22:02:36:

Frank:

I’m so sorry we are not moving fast enough for you.

Please call the office and we’ll refund your money!

Oops! I forgot - this is all FREE!

Sorry again.

Re: A google link? - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on May 09, 2007 at 24:14:51:

Good Idea, John.

JP mentioned something like that also, I’ll check it out.

Thanks.

If Terry charged a buck… - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on May 11, 2007 at 09:26:50:

Hey, if this guy charged me (and YOU. Admit it!) a buck for every good idea gleaned off this great site, he’d be a jillionaire all over again.

Keep up the good work you guys.

Terry what change are we talking about?? - Posted by dave ojeda

Posted by dave ojeda on May 08, 2007 at 16:11:58:

Terry,

Not trying to bash, I love the site. I was just wondering what was going on with the search engine? Is there an upgrade going on?

Thanks!

Re: SO Sorry! - Posted by Frank

Posted by Frank on May 08, 2007 at 14:31:45:

BTI is right. I love this sight too. But without us you earn 0.00. We just want to know when it might be changing.

Re: SO Sorry! - Posted by BTI

Posted by BTI on May 08, 2007 at 12:48:41:

Terry

Suck it in and give us a possible time line unless you don’t have a clue.

Yes, the site is free and I thank you, but I also know it’s success is also due to the many posters who didn’t charge you a dime either, no posters, no site, unless you plan to answer each and every question yourself.

Brian

I want my money back too… - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on May 08, 2007 at 11:08:44:

Er, I guess any form of a refund would be coming your way, since I have only profited hundreds of thousands of dollars from morsels of knowledge gained here… and I paid what for this…?

Dang-it, I am so ashamed of myself for complaining like a whining child, as the accounting dept tells me we have paid -0- for the privilege to participate here and learn…

Thanks CRE… I stand corrected.

JT-IN

Hunh? - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on May 08, 2007 at 22:14:07:

Don’t know how you are making me money. But I’ll be happy when it comes in.

Your Right! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on May 08, 2007 at 23:08:39:

BTI: Is that a name?

You are right, I forgot my place.

I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.

You “real” investors are tough!

Re: SO Sorry! - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on May 08, 2007 at 17:12:15:

As I said before, you are a tough guy BTI

Re: I want my money back too… - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on May 08, 2007 at 22:23:31:

A bottle of wine will have to do!

See you at the convention.

Re: Hunh? - Posted by DaveD (WI)

Posted by DaveD (WI) on May 09, 2007 at 08:06:53:

I think we all were supposed to be sending you a piece of our deal proceeds. It was in tiny print somewhere on this site :wink:

Speaking for myself, I get all excited when the deal shakes out, cash my check, and then spend it on all this other silly stuff. Forgetting where the inspiration and ideas come from to do the deals in the first place. So I forget to send you your piece. Darn!

Re: I want my money back too… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on May 08, 2007 at 23:42:01:

what convention? =o)