Webmaster: Why are some posts in italics?? - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Jeanne on May 12, 1999 at 23:10:59:

Also, earlier I had two threads at the bottom that were in italics. They were ones I had tried to remove, but for some reason remained.

Webmaster: Why are some posts in italics?? - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on May 11, 1999 at 22:01:55:

I notice that the subject line for several posts and their threads at the end of the list are in italics.

What does this mean? If the italicized posts are pending deletion from the active newsgroup, how long will they remain on the active board before transfer to archive?

I’ve seen the italics - Posted by Rosie(CA)

Posted by Rosie(CA) on May 12, 1999 at 12:35:00:

Dave and all,

I’ve had experiences where the bottom half or so of posts are in italics. Also the formatting gets double spaced and displaced horizontally.

I believe this occurs when there is an “Interrupted Transfer” (a hiccup in the page download?). The words “Interrupted Transfer”, or something like that, appear on the page where the posts change from normal to italics.

You need to make the browser read the page anew. But browsers do this ‘cache’ thing, so you may need to close/reopen the browser and/or switch to another site then return to CREONLINE to make it read the page anew, rather from ‘cached’ memory.

Good luck,
Rosie

I don’t see any Italics - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on May 12, 1999 at 05:48:35:

It must have something to do with your browser settings.
We try to leave posts up for 5 days.

JP Vaughan