website called CCAP for prior evictions? - Posted by LJ in WI, IL

Posted by di(WI) on February 27, 2002 at 02:20:23:

Glad to be of help. Sorry, I don’t know of anything in Illinois. You might try contacting some Illinois apartment associations, especially the state association, if there is one.
DI

website called CCAP for prior evictions? - Posted by LJ in WI, IL

Posted by LJ in WI, IL on February 26, 2002 at 17:19:23:

Hi,
I have had 2 people tell me that there is a website out there called something like CCAP.com, where you can input prospective tenants names and find out if they have had prior evictions, judgements, etc. Problem is, these people don’t know the exact web address, and I can’t find it. I really need this for Wisconsin and Illinois. Can anyone please help?? Thank you!

Re: website called CCAP for prior evictions? - Posted by di(WI)

Posted by di(WI) on February 26, 2002 at 18:15:36:

Yes, it is called Wisconsin CCAP(Circuit Court Access Program) and it’s located at:
http://ccap.courts.state.wi.us/servlet/us.wi.state.courts.internet.access.GetJSP
It’s very user friendly and extremely helpful, BUT it won’t show all collections or bankruptcies, only items that have actually gone through the county court system and are “public records”, so if you’re using it to check out prospective tenants, I’d still recommend a credit check. It’s excellent for the initial background checks, though.
DI

Re: website called CCAP for prior evictions? - Posted by LJ

Posted by LJ on February 26, 2002 at 21:26:50:

Thanks! I found the site! Now, I also get a large number of renters from Illinois. I wonder if you know of a similar site for Ill? Thanks again!