What about just calling foreclosures - Posted by RMP

Posted by Gerry on December 28, 1998 at 22:32:43:

Just say whatever is comfortable for you. If you are not comfortable, you won’t be able to get a dialogue going with your prospect.The information that you need to put the deal together will flow to you more freely once the prospect feels at ease talking with you.

I think calling the person is a fine idea. Most investors contact pre-foreclosures by mail because it is a numbers game. You are not going to be able to help most of them. If calling becomes too time consuming, you’ll notice that soon enough. However, if it produces positive results, obviously then its’ a keeper.

If I spot a pre-foreclosure with a particularly old mortgage or if there is
some other indication that the balance owed is significantly less than FMV, I will pay them a personal visit. Although the owner is typically apprehensive at first, once I inform them that I may

have a solution to their problem, they’re all ears. It is important to understand that your prospect is going through perhaps the worst time of their life. You need to show them compassion and understanding in order for them to be comfortable with you. You need to impress upon them that you are willing and capable of helping them.

hope this helps.

Gerry

What about just calling foreclosures - Posted by RMP

Posted by RMP on December 28, 1998 at 19:50:38:

Does anybody just call the foreclosures.

I made a few calls today. My script was this.

Hello, my name is Rachel from ERA real estate and I was doing some research down at the township and my question to you is, I have an investor that can pay cash for your house and can close quick - Will you folks consider a cash offer on your house.

I contacted only 2 people and both I spoke with the wife, the husband was gone. I have a phone apt. to follw up tommorow.

I was just winging it because I have never heard a phone script before and not really sure of what to say. I do better with letters or when they call me.

Need some really good language.

Thanks