What about the realtors? - Posted by DAN THE MAN

Posted by Dan The Man on September 09, 2004 at 08:36:53:

Hey, thanks for the continued correspondance. I will speek with the realtors I know and see if I can’t get things rolling here. Dan

What about the realtors? - Posted by DAN THE MAN

Posted by DAN THE MAN on September 07, 2004 at 18:10:18:

There are many homes for sale where ai live. Many of them have been for sale for a long time and some just keep selling then back on market again. The thing is that most of these homes are listed with a realty company. Can I make an offer on my oun or do I have to go through the agent? Also, what is the keyword I should use to read up on past remarks on this subject. Love & Peace, DAN.

Are You Sure . . . - Posted by ahlexis ryran

Posted by ahlexis ryran on September 10, 2004 at 21:11:12:

. . . these properties are selling? Or is it that it is listed, then the listing expires so the sign goes away, then the listing agent is able to convince the seller to re-list the property a second time so the sign is back? Or maybe there is a different sign in the yard after a period of time with no sign (perhaps a week or a month, or a couple of months while the owners regroup and decide what they want to do).

I say this because I have seen that happen more than once.

Re: There is a message here. - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on September 08, 2004 at 18:46:41:

You say the properties just keep selling and then go back on the market. Sounds like some Realtors may just find a good deal for you if you let them know you have an interest.

There are several kinds of listing contracts. The most common is the “exclusive right to sell” listing. This contract is between the owner, and the Realtor. You did not sign it, so it does not concern you. You can go directly to the owner and make your offer, if you want to. The problem of the commission payment is between the seller and the Realtor. It is not impossible for a seller to write a check and pay the commission out of pocket.

Where a problem starts is when a shopper approaches the seller with the intent of cutting the Realtor out of the commission, so the house could be purchased for less money. If a potential buyer were to suggest that the seller cheat the Realtor out of the commission (or part of it) this would be interfering with a contract and if the Realtor could prove it, this would be a matter for the courts.

My suggestion would be to get acquainted with several Realtors. Let them know what your needs are, sometimes they know where good deals are, that are not even on the market.

Re: What about the realtors? - Posted by Jim Pack

Posted by Jim Pack on September 07, 2004 at 19:17:22:

Dude,

As far as I’ve learned in the real world: If a realtor has a signed contract to sell the property from the owner then yes, you need to go through the realtor.

However, some realtors may be open to creative financing. Don’t write them off because they are realtors! Most are VERY hungry for business and are open to options. Talk to them and see where you stand. Their brokers may be even MORE interested in options. Realtors can be your best friend if you get to know them. You might even find some who will take a commission in monthly installments as will their broker. Once you get to know them and show them you are a respectable dude, you might get more deals than you can handle.

Check it out.

pacman

Re: Are You Sure . . . - Posted by Dan The Man

Posted by Dan The Man on September 14, 2004 at 19:45:07:

You could be right. I need to do some research and find out what’s going on. Thank you for your reply.

Re: There is a message here. - Posted by Dan The Man

Posted by Dan The Man on September 09, 2004 at 08:33:24:

I appreciate you comments. This is good news for me because I know several realtors. My wife also used to work at a title company so maybe her friends there can help too. Thanks again. Dan.