What ads work for you? - Posted by Dave_in_IN

Posted by Fred-Ohio on November 18, 2000 at 08:39:12:

Dave-Indiana:

I headline my ads as you do and include in he body of the ad " low down payment, monthly payments under $225 per month (or whatever figure you are comfortable with)". I do not include make or year of MH, but I do include features like central AC, Car ports, decks etc.

The goal that I keep in mind when I write my Ads is NOT to give the reader all the information they need to make a decesion, rather to bait the hook enough that they will call me to get more information. I want them to think, HEY, I MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO THIS-I’LL CALL AND CHECK IT OUT. When they call you check them out (Qualify them).

I typically get 2-4 calls per day every day when running a two week ad.

The rest of the story is that out of 20/30 calls probably only 1-2 people are qualified in that they have the 4 critical ingredients that I look for. 1- Down payment of at least 10% or near $1000, 2-The ability to pay the park rent and monthly MH payment to me, 3- The willingness to pay, a gut level judgement on my part that the will make their payments, 4- They must be approved by the park before we can close the deal.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

Fred-Ohio

What ads work for you? - Posted by Dave_in_IN

Posted by Dave_in_IN on November 17, 2000 at 19:39:28:

I seem to have a lot of variability in responses to my ads for selling mobile homes. I generally use a typical ?Lonnie? ad right out of his book. You know ?Will Finance. No Banks??. That seemed to work ok 6 months ago. I would run that type of ad and get 2 or 3 calls a week. Lately that ad has been getting less than one call a week. Is it the season? Is the add getting stale? I have started to try some variations on the ad but so far it seems to be running about the same response, 1 a week at best. What do you run that seems to work? Have you tried things that just did not work?
Dave in Indiana

Re: What ads work for you? - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on November 20, 2000 at 21:16:00:

Dave,

My experience here (Detroit) seems to be a bit bass-ackwards at times from others. For example, “Will Finance” rarely generates anything. At one point this summer “Will Finance” went 3 weeks without a single call! “No Banks” seems to work at times. I’ve been using “Owner Finance” the last few weeks and get calls every day (first time that’s happened).

Most people say now 'til January is a slow time, and a broker friend of mine has been real slow, but I’m really busy right now with calls, showings, etc. Go figure.

Blane