What advertising method has best response??? - Posted by Brian

Posted by Jim IL on December 21, 2000 at 14:36:28:

Brian,
You said that you are trying to “Retail” the homes?
For me, it is not neccesarily “Where” I advertise the homes I sell, but “How” I sell them.
I like to run ads in my local paper, as well as a sign in the yard of the home, and signs on the corners at the cross streets, pointing to the home.
I advertise that I am selling with terms, and most homes go within 30 days tops.
We also place our ads for the homes we sell in both the “Homes for sale” and “homes for rent” sections.
Since our terms are easy, people line up to get them, unless the market is slow.
Which right now it is, due to our winter climate right now.

So, tell us what you are offering as far as incentives for the buyers, and what responses you are getting, and we can better look at your situation.

HTH,
Jim IL

What advertising method has best response??? - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on December 21, 2000 at 11:53:33:

I have several houses I am trying to retail. I typcically run ads in the large metro area newspaper in the Sunday real estate section.

Does anyone else have a better method of advertising that gets more bang for the buck.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: What advertising method has best response??? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on December 21, 2000 at 22:42:38:

Brian,
As Jim stated we can help better if we knew the terms that you were offering. The terms you offer will help to determine the type of buyer you are going to get.

If I am offering terms, the Sunday real estate section works very well for me. I have also advertised in publications such as the Pennysaver and gotten a good response.

If I wanted to cash out and find a buyer who could get financing I just offer the home through a realtor.

Hope this helps.

Steve