What are some great books you can recommend a newbie? - Posted by Rob

Posted by Larry Lane on April 06, 2000 at 23:55:56:

no doubt about it! robert t. kiyosake Rich Dad, Poor Dad - the sequel The Cashflow Quadrant - and soon to be a classic his latest Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing.

The Millionaire Next Door is very good and enlightening about the habits and practices of the “real” wealthy.

regards, lal.

What are some great books you can recommend a newbie? - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on March 27, 2000 at 11:54:03:

I’m just getting started, and wanted to find out what books
others could recommend to me on real estate investing. I need to learn the basics (have some knowledge, but need more). I have the Carlton Sheets basic program, but need more info. I was considering the Ron Legrand course for $50, but decided that books may be the better way to go. Also,I’m very interested in lease/option & flipping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to everyone - Rob

Re: What are some great books you can recommend a newbie? - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Tim (Atlanta) on April 07, 2000 at 13:50:59:

My favorites are:

Rich Dad Poor Dad – describes the difference in mindset between the wealthy and the poor

Fast Cash with Quick Turn Real Estate by Ron LeGrand – a book about fliping properties

Creating Wealth by Robert Allen – The first half is about wealth creation and the second half is specific to real estate. Includes many forms. This book preaches buy and hold – the opposite of Ron LeGrand

Additionally I have read,
The Millionaire Next Door – all but about 3 pages were boring. Some interesting facts, but two Doctors wrote it, therefore, the book reads like a boring case study.
The Richest Man in Babylon – so,so. Good points, but this book took too long to make them. The same ideas can be found in better from in Rich Dad Poor Dad

Also, you should just go down the list of reccommended reading at the end of Rich Dad Poor Dad. Many of these are classics for all aspects of business

great books - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on March 27, 2000 at 22:43:24:

Rob,

“The Richest Man in Babylon” is a universal classic, if you want to understand how money works. Ignore John. “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” is one of the best books I’ve ever read.

Jeanne

My Faves… - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on March 27, 2000 at 18:03:25:

Rich Dad Poor Dad…Robert Kyiosaki
E-Myth…Micheal Gerber
Art of War…Sun Tzu

Anything by Roger Dawson,

Oh and of course

Deals on Wheels …Lonnie Scruggs

Dirk Roach