What are the chances of this?long - Posted by Philip

Posted by Mr. C on July 10, 2003 at 21:22:00:

Oh yea… I think I know that county… or at least one like it… it’s in Indiana.

What are the chances of this?long - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on July 10, 2003 at 19:35:40:

The land I am closing on has rural water and also was a repo from a bank, and needs the brush cut on all 4 acres. Now the weird part.

I drove 1/2 mile up the road and stopped at a hobby farm where I saw a bushhog and asked if the guy would want to do the brushcutting for me. After a few moments of conversation I find out it was HIS mother who lost the exact piece of land due to financial difficulties…but he was civil and later the whole family invited me in to see the matriarch who had been evicted and after she moved her mh…she had been hit by a tornado and broke 6 ribs and punctured a lung!

Next trip to the property I am trying to find the rural water meters…and still a brushcutter and I stop at another farm…the guy at the tractor loading seed says, “I don’t have time to cut brush go inside and ask Dad”.

Dad is the President of the Rural water company and fills me in on where my meters are, cost for hook-up, etc. And when I leave he says he will call if his son gets time to cut the brush.

I had a man over to estimate some repairs on the existing mobile, and he knew the nearby RE investor was a crook, and one person on the same road who was the investors “plant” in the area, and also a thief. This handyman had worked for the other investor for 2 years and when the other investor stopped by I thought they were going to have a fistfight!

Weird!
Philip