What are the odds - Posted by Alder Jackson

Posted by David S on February 20, 2001 at 23:19:03:

quit asking all these questions and get out in the street to try “something”, heck “anything”.

I was only 17 when I bought my first investment property. I didn’t have the (internet) to be able to ask a ton of questions.

If you don’t get out and at least try something, you will be sitting at your computer this time next year asking even more of the same questions.

David S

What are the odds - Posted by Alder Jackson

Posted by Alder Jackson on February 20, 2001 at 18:39:11:

My name is alder and i live in zion il, I am 20 years and I don’t have any kids. Basically what I am saying is that I don’t have anyone to take care besides myself and what I want to know is what are the chances of me being successful enough in the next 3 months, if I work hard, of leaving my job to do RE full time. I only need about $1500 a month to maintain the way I am living now. Can I make a least $1500 a month buy flipping contracts/properties, doing lease options and whole saleing. Also can you give me any other ways I can can make quick money in creative RE. I am not looking to make a 10 grand a year, I just want freedom from a job and have my bills covered. I would also like to add that I think that CRE is great and you guys are always so helpful to me. I wish you all much success and hope to network with some of you in the future.

god bless
Alder M. Jackson

You make the odds - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 21, 2001 at 17:53:47:

Boy, David S really candy coats his response doesn’t he :wink:

David is absolutely right. The most destinguising characteristic of successful people is that they tried. They actually went out and did something.

I am all for education first but only up to a point. The old “paralysis of analysis” theory holds true. Don’t look for the perfect time to begin. Now is the perfect time to begin. Not because of economics but because it is the present. It is not some dream in the future.

Let me ask you this. Why do you need to be financially free in 3 months? Wouldn’t you still give it a try if we said it would take you 6 months? A year? What if it took you 2 years? Would you really say, “Na, I don’t want to wait 2 years, I would rather continue to work until age 65.”

Have people made $1500 a month in 3 months? I am sure that some have. Is it likely that you will? Only you can prove that.

Instead of wondering what it would be like to have $1500 per month cash rolling your way each month via investing, find a niche you like and get started making it a reality. Don’t limit yourself to $1500, just do deals and I think you will find that before you know it you will have surpassed $1500.

My advice is that you find a investment technique that peaks your interest. Get some information about it and immediately get started applying it. Don’t put it on the shelf, don’t wait to see what your friends or family say. Just read it, listen to it, and do it.

Best Wishes,

Tony-VA