What are the odds - Posted by ALDER M JACKSON

Posted by evelyn (FL) on February 20, 2001 at 19:29:08:

nt.

evelyn

What are the odds - Posted by ALDER M JACKSON

Posted by ALDER M JACKSON on February 20, 2001 at 18:33:06:

My name is alder and i live in zion il, I am 20 years and I don’t have any kids. Basically what I am saying is that I don’t have anyone to take care besides myself and what I want to know is what are the chances of me being successful enough in the next 3 months, if I work hard, of leaving my job to do RE full time. I only need about $1500 a month to maintain the way I am living now. Can I make a least $1500 a month buy flipping contracts/properties, doing lease options and whole saleing. Also can you give me any other ways I can can make quick money in creative RE. I am not looking to make a 10 grand a year, I just want freedom from a job and have my bills covered. I would also like to add that I think that CRE is great and you guys are always so helpful to me. I wish you all much success and hope to network with some of you in the future.

god bless
Alder M. Jackson

Opportunity is there - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Tim (Atlanta) on February 21, 2001 at 07:09:05:

I hope you truly understand the opportunity that is before you. You are young with no dependents. That is something that most of us on this site can’t say. Many of us started REI later in life than you are. After we had accumulated much more financial baggage than you have.

Realize now that it is totally up to you. We can give you advice out the wazoo, but if you don’t get out and do something, it will never work. In one year, you can be sitting there with the same lousy JOB, same lousy income, or you can choose to make your life better. YOU and only YOU can make this choice.

BTW, I would never set my goals so incredibly low. Plan to make tons of money. Set a high goal, and then break it down into manageable pieces. How many lease/options, flips or wholesales will you need to do to make that kind of money? Then when you exceed that $1500 per month in income, guess what you can do with the extra money? Put it into more deals. Then keep doing that. After some time, can’t you see that your passive income would be incredible?

Get out there and get going.

Tim Masters

You decide - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on February 20, 2001 at 19:21:41:

Alder,
Judging by your post here, it would seem that you are looking for “luck”?
In my opinion “luck” is not something that you stumble upon, it is something you create.
Sure, you can buy a lotto ticket and win BIG BUCKS, but was this 100% “luck”?
NO!
You created this “luck” when you bought the ticket.
Same thing applies when creating “luck” in any situation, especially REI.
See, in order to be “lucky” in REI, you must be in the right place at the right time, with the right info.
That info is obviously education on “How?” to solve a sellers problem.
Being in the right place at the right time, happens because you MARKET to make that happen.
When someone NEEDS to sell their home, they NEED to be able to find you and talk to you.
Getting the sellers to call you is important.
Once you are in front of a truly motivated seller, then you are “in the right place at the right time.”

So, you want to have “Good odds” in order to get out from the J.O.B. within 3 months?
Well, ask yourself this;
“What can I DO to make that happen?”
I do think it is possible, and don’t settle for a mere $1500/month.
Trust me, you can make more than this in REI, with the right effort.
I know that you are already marketing, don’t stop!
Keep at it, and the leads will come in.
And after you get that first illusive deal, the rest will be much easier.
Nothing like a good check from a deal to give you confidence.

So, increase your odds by making your own luck.

Take care,
Jim IL

Re: Luck? - Posted by Gib

Posted by Gib on February 20, 2001 at 21:02:02:

Who was it who said, “Luck is when skill and preparation meet opportunity”?