What do I ask for when buying D.M. lists? - Posted by Angler

Posted by Angler on July 09, 2002 at 12:32:13:

Thanks Alex. Its always a great feeling when you feel stuck and someone from this sight will share all they can- especially with a newbie. Your advice makes sense and that’s just what I’ll do. I’ll let you know what happens. Thanks a million (pun was intended):slight_smile:

What do I ask for when buying D.M. lists? - Posted by Angler

Posted by Angler on July 08, 2002 at 11:44:20:

I’ve technically only been “at” this since my first bandit went into the ground on May 15th. I really want to do a direct mail campaign but I don’t have any idea what parameters to use when I compile my lists. Aside from looking for MOTIVATED SELLERS, what parameters do I give to these listing companies, or dataquick, post office, etc…?
I read alot of posts and get some great advice but the only demographic I’ve come across is FHA/VA w/ loans 1-4 years. What are some others? is that one a particularly good one? Thanks in advance, Angler

Re: What do I ask for when buying D.M. lists? - Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX

Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX on July 08, 2002 at 17:06:26:

Why don’t you just do this one list of FHA/VA homes. Depending on how big your area is, it can be easily 2,000-3,000 names big for each year.

Go ahead, hit that list a couple of times and see what happens. In some areas you can make a decent living just on a list like this.

Re: What do I ask for when buying D.M. lists? - Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX

Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX on July 08, 2002 at 17:09:47:

forgot to mention. You dont’ need to buy it, it’s free from your MLS. Most of the real estate list you’ll need to use are free - that’s a good news. They can be compiled from MLS and misc. tax data services records.